Chapter 5 ~ Beam ~

Beam drove along the narrow track then parked her car beside what looked like an assault course and beyond that was a large building, probably the gym. She climbed out and didn't bother to lock it after all she was on pack land so if someone stole it she wouldn't have far to look.

She walked across to the gym and pulled open the heavy door and was hit with the smell of stale sweat and something sweet, probably deodorant then she walked inside and looked around the large hall aware of all the curious glances.

"I'm looking for the person in charge?" she asked one of the men closest to her, she assumed the person in charge would be Thorn.

"he's through the back in the office" the man replied.

"thank you" Beam smiled and set off towards the office.

When she reached the door she gave a small knock before walking inside and the sweet smell became stronger, it was similar to peaches and vanilla and reminded her of her favourite dessert which was poached peaches in syrup and served with vanilla ice cream.

The scent hit her first then she noticed the man and it wasn't Thorn, he had impeccably styled hair and thick brows which were drawn together in a frown, his eyes were a rich dark chocolate set in a beautifully sculpted face and he wore military style pants and an old sweat shirt in short, he was gorgeous.

"can I help you?" Merrick asked as the intoxicating scent of jasmine blossoms attacked his senses and he frowned in confusion regarding the identity of the stunning creature who had just walked in.

She had long blond hair which was tied back at her nape with a scrunchie allowing a few bouncy curls to escape their confines and pretty didn't come close to describing her. 

Dark sculpted brows told Merrick that she wasn't a natural blonde but the colour complimented her light brown eyes and she had clear skin and pretty pink lips which were smeared with gloss.

"I'm here to see Thorn" Beam replied as she ignored her wolf telling her that the handsome man before her was her mate.

"is he expecting you?" Merrick asked.

"not exactly, no" Beam replied

"what's the reason?" Merrick snapped unnecessarily.

"well Mr?" Beam began,

"just call me Merrick or Rick" he said.

"well Merrick, I believe that's between him and I, don't you?" Beam replied.

"not when you're on my territory lady and shouldn't you introduce yourself before you start making demands?" Merrick said 

"alpha Kiet and Thorn know me, so what now? I have to introduce myself to every Tom, Dick and Merrick?" Beam said.

"it's called good manners lady!" Merrick began.

"hmm well maybe you should teach your guards some of those before you start lecturing me"

"why? has someone said or done anything to you?" Merrick asked her.

"nothing I can't handle, I don't need some big strong man to stand up for me" Beam said then realised that she had indirectly complimented him.

"please, take a seat Miss? ..." Merrick began,

" Beam, just call me Beam"

"well then Beam, take a seat and I'll call him over for you" Merrick said as he mind linked Thorn and asked him to come back.

"he'll be over soon but in the meantime let's talk about the fact that my wolf is telling me that we're mates" Merrick said.

"yes, mine too if I'm honest"