Chapter 18 ~ Thorn's turf ~

Dinner was a pleasant affair as they ate the soup that Thorn had made which was very tasty and the three men chatted amicably as they ate. After dinner, alpha Kiet thanked his son then after telling them to enjoy the rest of their evening he went up to his room to shower and relax for the night.

Thinnakorn insisted on doing the dishes but Thorn helped anyway by drying them and putting them away then Thorn made coffee and after taking one upstairs to his dad he came back downstairs and asked Korn where he wanted to sit.

"outside on the porch or in the lounge?"

"it's a lovely evening, why don't we sit out?" Korn replied.

They went out onto the porch and drank their coffee while enjoying the peaceful surroundings until an owl decided to rest in a nearby tree and inform them of it's day.

"there goes our peace and quiet" Thorn said.

"it doesn't bother me, it adds to the ambience" Korn smiled.

"I could get used to this, being with you every night and having dinner then sitting out on the porch" Thorn said.

"it is rather nice isn't it" Korn admitted.

"are you glad that you came?" Thorn asked him.

"of course I am though I'm dreading the drive back but hey, it is what it is" Korn shrugged.

"it doesn't have to be that way Korn, all you have to do is accept me as you mate and move in" Thorn said.

"you make it sound so simple" Korn replied.

"it is simple" Thorn replied.

"what about my office, my lab?"

"just relocate, we can build you a new office and lab on our border so you wouldn't need to travel between the two"

"I must admit it's tempting, those two places coat me a fortune in rent and utilities."

"oh? I thought perhaps your parents helped you"

"no, everything I have achieved I've done for myself" Thinnakorn replied.

"are your parents not proud of you?" Thorn asked him.

"I guess they are in their own way but I'm assuming they're a little disappointed too, I'm not really alpha material am I" Korn admitted.

"what will happen when you and Beam leave?" Thorn asked him.

"well I always assumed that Beam would become alpha, she can be an annoying brat but when push comes to shove she knows how to lead and defend" Korn replied.

"I know, I've seen her in action?" Thorn said.

"what, when?" Korn asked looking confused.

"it was way back before you went away, she came here to cuss me out and pretty much told me that I wasn't good enough for you, that was the day she met Merrick" Thorn said.

"I had no idea ... so that's why she didn't tell me about her mate otherwise she would have had to fess up about coming here" Korn realised.

"I don't know baby, what I do know is that she loves you ... a lot" Thorn said.

"and I love her too, thank you for telling me Thorn" Korn replied.

"well I guess I should show you to the guest room so you can get washed up"

"yes thanks, I am rather tired after all the driving"

After taking their cups back to the kitchen and washing them' Thorn led his mate back out into the hall where he scooped up his bag that he had dropped earlier and carried it as he escorted Korn up to the spare room.