Chapter 25

Harry pov

Cullson is barely able to convince my dad and then we head to the helicarrier. When we arrive I immediately go off to find Nat. She is bound to be very upset about Clint and I also don't want to spend anymore time near my dad in this disguise than I have to.

She hasn't arrived yet so I stay on the flight deck until she does. She arrives with doctor Banner who I haven't seen in a while. Apparently he had an accident and can now turn into a big green monster. "How did your retrieval mission go?" She asks me.

"I was sent to convince Stark, he is already working in the lab."

"I bet that was fun." Nat says sarcastically.

"Let's trade next time. You know how I try to avoid Stark."

"Fine but you have to come to training once during the time you're in Scotland."

"That's not fair you know I have school and it is really hard to get out without anyone noticing."

"You have to at least try."

"Fine." I say and she smirks. Banner looks between us in confusion for a moment before deciding that it is not worth it. Another plane lands and we walk over. Cullson and Steve walk out and Cullson is fan girling over Steve because he is a Captain American fanatic. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't asked for Steve to sign his trading cards yet.

We get up in the air and head inside. Steve looks around and then hands fury a ten. They must have made some type for bet. I hang around doing nothing really until they get a location on Loki. We pile into one of the jets and head to Germany where he is located.

When we arrive Loki is making people bow  to him and Captain America jumps out of the plane to stop him as he tries to harm a man. Something doesn't seem quite right here. This move is too obvious, he doesn't do that. Also last time I saw him he was in the background of his plan so everything he has done since he got to earth doesn't sit right with me. I think about what might of caused it as they fight him.

His action when he gets surrounded seems especially wrong though as he admits defeat and lets them capture him. He gets on the jet when we land and I look him over because something is clearly wrong he doesn't plan like this. "What are you doing?!" He yells at me when I look into his eyes.

"Your eyes weren't this blue last time we met. And you would have never done something this reckless." I say before picking up the staff that was taken away from him. I turn it around a few times to try and figure out how it works before just deciding to push my will into it. It works and Loki's eye return to his darker blue. He looks around confused.

"How did I get here? Who are you all?"

"What?" Nat, dad and Steve say at the same time.

"Turns out Loki himself was mind controlled by the staff before even being sent to earth so there must be something bigger behind this whole thing. Because something tells me that it is not easy to mind control an alien god."

"Your voice is familiar where have I met you?" Loki says to me as I set the staff back where it was. He doesn't get an answer though because Thor breaks in and takes him. I sigh and grab a grappling hook before having nat stabilize the jet and jumping out after attaching the hook to the back of the plane.

I land near Thor. "What are you doing?" I say and he responds without looking back.

"I have to take him to Asgard to be judged." He then gets tackled by Steve and falls to the ground. They start to fight so I raise my voice and say a command.

"Stop it both of you!" I put a bit of magic from Asgard into it so Thor pays attention and they both turn to me along with Loki.

"You're the midgardin mage who was marked heir." Loki says and Thor bows to me while Steve just looks at me confused.

"It's a long story don't worry about it. Oh and don't tell anyone." I say before turning to Loki and Thor. "He was mind controlled for all the time that he has been here so the only persecution he can face is for what he did on Asgard and I think being stuck in the darkness for as long as he was was enough punishment for not even succeeding in his plans." Loki looks at me in confusion and awe.

"You're really not going to punish me?" He says confusion and hope thick in his voice.

"No. No permanent harm was done and you clearly already had something happen to you so what's the point." I say with a shrug before helping him up and walking over to the jet that landed close by.

"You know what, I like you. I guess you can keep the role of heir." He says with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Thank. Now we have to figure out what you were supposed to do while mind controlled. Do you have any ideas?"

"I remember something about a purple giant and an army. I think that I was trying to conquer midgard for some reason."

"Do you remember where your base is?"

"I think so." I nod and he explains what he can and we use it to pinpoint the location. The problem is by the time we get there they are gone. So we head back to New York to regroup.

When we arrive however I blue light shoots into the sky and a hole opens. Aliens start to flood out so we get off the helicarrier and start to fight.