✧11✧ avidity

CINDYS POV

CINDYS POV

I spend some time perfecting my makeup and dolling myself up. I always loved doing a full beat from time to time. Ellie is extremely low maintenance at least that's what I've learnt from living with her. She was sprawled on her bed with her sketchbook, drawing with concentration.

I confirmed a few hours prior on what Julia was wearing and the dress code for the party later. I stood in front of my closet, the hangers clinking together. I decided on a simple black mini dress. I slipped it on and I turned toward the mirror, adjusting the hem slightly. From the bed, Ellie glanced up from her sketchbook, her pencil momentarily pausing. Her eyes lingered on me in that way they always did, a soft smile tugging at her lips. "You look good," she said, her voice casual but her gaze anything but. She went back to shading something, but I could feel her still watching.

Feeling slightly insecure of the short dress, I asked "Are you sure it isn't too much?"

"N-No, not at all. I mean- you look amazing"

Her words made me blush a little. God why does the slightest thing she says make me react like this?

We finished getting ready and she was wearing that white vest again, the one that always seemed to hang just right on her waist, and the loose cargo pants that somehow fit her perfectly. The short-sleeve flannel hung open, revealing her tattoos.

"You ready to go?" She asked whilst reaching for her keys

"Yep" I responded, touching up my lip gloss.

As we stepped out into the cool night, I led the way toward her car. "Wait stay still for a sec" She demanded. I obeyed almost instantly without even thinking. I felt her hands tugging at the bottom of my dress, pulling it down. "Oh -uh thanks" I smiled awkwardly. The drive to the party was quiet, but not in an uncomfortable way. Ellie had one hand on the steering wheel, her other arm resting casually out the open window.

When we pulled up outside the house, Ellie killed the engine, leaving us in the soft, muted glow of the streetlights. Music thumped faintly from inside, vibrating through the air. We lingered in the car for a moment, not in any rush.

"Think they're here yet?" she asked, though her voice didn't carry much concern.

I pulled out my phone, scrolling through the missed notifications. A text from Julia popped up, and I opened it quickly.

Julia: Come inside, we're in the kitchen.

I sighed and held up my phone for Ellie to see. "They're already inside," I muttered

We jumped out of the car and walked towards the house, the thumping bass grew louder as we approached the door. The house was packed—people spilling from room to room, laughing, dancing, or just lost in their own conversations. Ellie moved beside me like she belonged here, confident, her gaze sweeping the room as if she were assessing the scene.