4

Evangeline pov

Walking around the casino I walk into an area alone since Athenodora ordered me to go enjoy myself somewhere.

I order a drink of red wine before moving to a corner away from the humans.

Eventually I frown seeing a female sit in a chair near me huffing looking like she's tired or sick.

Moving closer I tap the table catching her attention "are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine thanks, my rides not here yet"

Nodding I lean back confused at the shaking she does "maybe you should head home, the cab could take you because you look like you feel sick" I say.

"Can't afford it" she mutters before taking my wine downing it.

"That's supposed to be sipped" I say frowning.

"What's it matter" she snarks.

Frowning more I order two more only for her to down hers before taking mine again.

"Aside from stealing wine do you steal anything else?" Snark after ordering another.

"First time but who cares after what I did" she mutters slurring slightly.

"Why's that?" I ask confused.

"Because my bitch half sister got me fired but I probably would have been anywhere" she says frowning.

"Oh, I'm sorry?"

She laughs glancing at me "these two beautiful women were at my table, I'm almost certain they were counting cards and I didn't report them" she whispers.

Seeing her start to fall asleep I sigh looking around for security but freeze not trusting anyone with her, getting up I lift her arm over my shoulders and make her walk leading her to the elevator to go to my room.

Getting off at the penthouse I ease her down on the bed before pulling her shoes off and covering her up "do humans need anything else when they sleep?" I mutter trying to remember anything.

Hearing the door open I see Chelsea come in with Sulpicia talking, they freeze curling their noses "what is that horrible smell?" They ask.

Frowning I sniff before shrugging "do humans need anything to sleep?" I ask.

"Her shoes off?" Chelsea asks.

I nod feeling proud I got that right "is she drunk?" Sulpicia asks.

Frowning I shrug "she drank three big whine classes fast" I answer.

Sulpicia nods pointing to the bed side table "there's packets of headache medicine in there get that" she says before opening the mini fridge offer a bottle of water.

Thanking her I place it down before moving to the couch and sit down "so what's the deal with the human?" Chelsea asks as Sulpicia goes to shower.

Frowning I glance back at the woman "I'm not sure I planned to get security to get her home but then I couldn't handle the thought of anyone being trusted with her, I felt angry at thoughts of someone being close to her and panic that someone could hurt her" I answer.

Looking at her I tilt my head thinking "were you and Sulpicia counting cards?" I ask softly.

"Obviously"

Nodding I point to the human "that was her table, she said she got fired because of her sister but would have been for not reporting you two".

"Why didn't she? It's not like we could be hurt but it's her job to report that stuff right?" Sulpicia asks coming out drying her hair.

Shrugging I frown hearing ringing and look at the human as she groans grabbed her phone.

"Hello?" She grumbles.

Hearing screaming I frown as we all stay silent "get your ass here Raven" the girl orders.

"How about you fuck off you fucking slut you got me fired" she growls before hanging up and snoring again.

"I do not like that girl, do you think I should hunt her down and kill her?" I ask looking at Sulpicia for advice.

"Best to wait if that's her sister it's not uncommon for siblings to fight they may just be having a rough patch" she says quickly.

Frowning I shake my head "the twins and I have never spoken to each other like that even when we disagree or argue" I mutter crossing my arms.

"Different times, and you raised them and yourself because your parents were horrible parents"

Nodding I sigh as she pushes me to sit down again but I don't remember when I got up "dear I believe she's your mate" Sulpicia says seeing my confusion.

"Wouldn't I know?" I ask confused since I've always heard how the others just knew.

"No, she's human your feeling protective of her and trying to take care of her but it's not a full bond unless she's turned, it's to protect you so you can complete the bond by changing her"

Frowning I look at her before looking at Raven "I don't want her to want me because of a bond, I want her to want me because I proved I'm a worthy mate".

"So do it, show her you're worth and then turn her" Chelsea says smiling.

Next morning

Hearing the phone again as I bring in breakfast I see her tense looking at me as I keep my head down.

I sit it down over her lap before moving back so she's less nervous "Leah" she says on the phone watching me.

"Yeah I'm fine, I got drunk and passed out while waiting here, this woman let me stay in her room"

Flinching slightly I try to ignore the hurt and anger I feel hearing this girl referring to me as a prostitute, quick fuck, or worst rapists.

"No Leah, she slept on the couch in her room I'm completely fine fully dressed she even brought me breakfast in bed and left me medicine for a hang over"

"Are you sure this chick didn't do anything?"

"I'm sure, now how far are you because I have taken up enough of this lady's time I think I even stole her wine" Raven says looking at me.

Nodding I hold up 2 fingers "apparently I stole two large glasses of wine from her" she says smiling at me.

I stand there waiting for her to finish her call, once she does I go completely still watching her take a bite of her food, hearing her groan I tense till she smiles "I don't know how you knew but this is my favorite breakfast" she says after swallowing.

Feeling my body relax I nod quickly "It turned out good?" I ask nervously.

"Wait you cooked this?" She asks frowning.

Nodding slowly I see her frown "why the hotel has breakfast available?"

"I use to cook for my brother and sister but haven't in a long time, I thought you would like something hand made" I answer.

"They moved for college or work?" She asks.

Nodding I check my mask nervously "yes, they feed themselves now but we work together, I was dragged along by friends because they say I work to much" I answer.