Chapter 14 - Seizing the Moment

Enid's POV

Little did Wednesday know, I heard the soft thud of her knees hitting the floor and the muffled sobs that followed. Every sound, every breath she took in pain, reverberated through me. Even though my bead was gone, the mate mark I bore connected us in ways I couldn't explain. I felt every ounce of her suffering as if it were my own.

A tear slipped down my cheek, unbidden and unstoppable. My heart ached for her, for us. Knowing that she was breaking down while trying to be strong for me was more painful than anything else I'd faced. She thought I couldn't hear her, couldn't sense her agony, but our bond wouldn't allow that.

Her love, her pain, it was all there, raw and open, and I felt it deep in my soul.

I didn't want to cry any further. I couldn't let Wednesday see me like this, with puffy eyes and tear-streaked cheeks. I had to pull myself together. I didn't want our last days to be filled with grief and sadness.

Starting today, I needed to seize every second we had left. I wanted to be happy with her, to cherish the time we had before my fate took me away. No more breaking down, no more letting the despair control me. I owed it to Wednesday, and to myself, to make the most of what we had.

Wiping the tears from my face, I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself. I would focus on love, on joy, on making memories that would last beyond the pain. These 100 days would be ours, filled with laughter and light, no matter how hard it would be.

I forced a smile, even though it felt fragile. For her, I would be strong. I would be the Enid she fell in love with, even if I was slowly slipping away inside. I wanted her to remember me like that, happy, full of love for her.

"Time to make the most of every moment," I whispered to myself. I heard a pan sizzling assuming Wednesday stopped crying and started cooking our dinner.

"Willa, is the meat almost ready? I'm starving!" My voice was light, playful, masking the weight in my heart.

I heard the familiar clatter of utensils and the soft rustle of her movements. "Just a few more minutes! If you keep whining, you might have to hunt for your own dinner!" she shot back, a hint of mischief in her tone.

That was my Wednesday, fiery and unapologetic, even when shadows loomed over us. I could almost see the way her eyebrow would arch, a teasing glint in her eyes, and for a moment, the heaviness lifted just enough for me to breathe.

"Alright, chef," I called out again, my voice softer this time. "I trust your culinary skills to bring me back to life."

Her laughter rang out, a melody that danced in the air, and I held onto it like a lifebuoy. This was what I needed, moments like this, small yet significant, to fill the void of uncertainty gnawing at me. I was determined to savor every bite, every laugh, and every lingering glance as if they were treasures, knowing that soon, they might be all I had left.
___________________________

Wednesday's POV

My lover seemed unyielding, a pillar of strength even in the face of adversity. I could see the determination etched in her features, a fierce resolve that made my heart swell with pride. I knew she needed me just as much as I needed her, we were intertwined in a way that transcended words. After that emotional breakdown, I promised myself to be stronger, to become the anchor she needed in these turbulent waters.

Her playful banter and teasing remarks were a balm for my aching heart, reminding me that laughter could still exist amidst the chaos. It made me realize we should seize every moment together, savoring the sweetness of our shared experiences while we still had the time.