Chapter 36 - Raven and Luna

2 months later

Wednesday's POV

It's been two months since I began recovering from the emotional turmoil that had threatened to tear us apart. I returned the rings I had given to Enid when I got my strength back, and I felt an overwhelming sense of relief wash over me. Finally, everything was going the way we had envisioned, and we were savoring each moment together without limitations. Enid and our friends had become my lifeline, helping me navigate through the darkness and fully heal from the struggles we had faced.

I felt genuinely happy, but the scars from our past still lingered, making me clingier to Enid than ever. I was aware of my need for her, my desire to stay close, to feel her warmth against me. My thoughts were interrupted by Enid's jubilant voice calling out to me.

"Willaaaaa!" she exclaimed, her tone filled with excitement. I turned to see her bouncing on the balls of her feet, holding a pregnancy test in her hands.

"We made it! We finally made it!" she added, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears of joy. My heart raced as I processed her words, a mix of disbelief and elation coursing through me.

I rushed toward her, my heart pounding in my chest, and lifted her effortlessly into the air, twirling her around as laughter spilled from her lips. The world around us faded away as I reveled in the moment, my wife, my heart, our future.

As I gently set her down, I wrapped my arms around her waist, gazing deeply into her eyes. I could see the joy radiating from her, bright and beautiful. Leaning in, I captured her lips with mine in a passionate kiss, pouring every ounce of my love and relief into that single moment.

When we finally pulled away, I couldn’t help but chuckle. "So, we’re really going to be parents?"

"Yes! Can you believe it?" she responded, her voice a mix of disbelief and excitement. "After everything we went through, this feels like a miracle."

"It is a miracle,” I agreed, my heart swelling with pride and anticipation. "And I’ll be damned if I don’t do everything to make sure this baby knows just how loved they are."

Enid’s eyes glimmered with tears again, but this time they were tears of happiness. "We’ve got this, Willa. Together."

"Together," I echoed, feeling a sense of peace wash over me. This time, I wouldn’t let anything tear us apart. We would face every challenge, every joy, and every moment of parenthood hand in hand.

""After Raven, we should have another child," Enid squealed, her eyes lighting up with excitement as she clapped her hands together. "But this time, you should carry them!"

My eyes widened as I tried to process the whirlwind of ideas she had just blurted out. Raven? Carry a child? Me? It wasn’t exactly something I had mentally prepared for.

"Mi lobita," I began carefully, trying to keep my voice steady, "I know you want a big family, but... we both know I can't afford to have another child just yet. At least, not financially. And... Raven?"

Enid gave me a cheeky grin, her eyes sparkling with that mischievous glint that always managed to disarm me. "Willa, I accepted Bianca's offer! I have a job now! And I thought of naming our child Raven since I want to be reminded that this child also came from you whether the baby will be a he or a she."

My mouth opened in surprise, unable to stop the smile that slowly crept across my face. "Oh my... congratulations, Cara mia," I said, warmth spreading through my chest. My monotone mask softened as I looked at her, my usual detached demeanor melting away in the face of her joy. "And Raven sounds... perfect."