Chapter 90 Calling

June and Shawn made their way through the dark hallway, at the end there was a large glass automated door, and a keypad was to the right, waiting for the proper credentials to be attributed or it would call for reinforcements. But at this point, what kind of reinforcements would be called if the entire military base is ruined?

June shot through the glass door with his arrow, smiling, and both walked through. They didn't hear an alarm, which would mean wither the alarm is silent or the security system is no longer online.

Shawn kept a close eye on June, making sure that he didn't get hurt, but something pulled at him. He didn't realize he was walking away from June until he was already in a different room and staring at a glass casing with three red crystals lying on a plush silk-like pillow. He broke the casing and grabbed the crystals, turning around he was met with June, they didn't speak to each other, instead, Shawn lifted his hand and opened it, and in his hand lay the three crystals. With a look of pure admiration June beamed at Shawn and retrieved the crystals. Shawn saw as June took out an odd-looking amulet from his pocket and as if from another work the three crystals floated, and each positioned itself into a perfectly dented carving around the star.

With a satisfied smile June and Shawn left the basement and met up with Brian. As the three headed towards the van, they noticed that it was no longer there.

"They must have gotten into trouble, lets head towards the Hotel," June concluded.

After walking for a few hours they arrived at the Hotel, Brian spotted the van and got excited, sure he hadn't been with the group for long, but they were all each their personality and held hope and trust towards June.

"They're here!" Molly said as they spotted her peeking through the window as a lookout from room 100.

The door opened and the kids hugged June, welcoming the three back safely.

"Alright, so what's the plan?" Elizabeth said, she was now more understanding, the experience of coming across an actual child going through such a trauma matured her quite a bit, she took on more of a nagging mother role in the group and made sure everyone was comfortable.

"Well, the camp is a bust, our only goal now is to go to the next one, but if we do, at this point we won't be sure that the next one won't be exactly like the one we just left." June concluded. "But there are two options, we will take a group vote to see which one is most favorable.'

Option one: Head towards the next camp, if it's also in ruin, the group will continue to go to the next camp until they find one that is intact with people.

Options two: It might be a little more dangerous, but with their group and knowledge, they head back to the military base, fix it up a bit, and find out anything they can from the monsters. In turn, if they do find anything they will go out of their way to bring down the monsters and save humanity.

"Option one." Elizabeth quickly answered.

"Why one? That's too boring, not only that, what if we never find the military? What if they were wiped out?" Rocky looked at Elizabeth annoyed.

"Even if it's a low chance it's still a chance, we aren't trained, we aren't military, why should we be the ones to save everyone? That sounds like other people's jobs not ours." She reasoned.

"As much as I'd hate to admit, Beth here has a point. We could get killed if we try to fight the monsters back, you guys saw how half of our original group got wiped out." Casket said with a look of uncertainty.

"Don't call me Beth you coffin." Elizabeth sneered.

"It's Caskets you shit face." Casket shot back, and as they bickered in the background Kenny also spoke her mind.