Chapter 4

Buzz. Buzz.

I groggily placed my hand heavily on my phone and dragged it close to me. My thick brown hair draped over my face so I brushed them out of my sight so I would be able to see the notification. I winced at the bright light coming from my phone when I clicked on the home button. A smile formed on my lips. My cheeks suddenly felt warm.

"Goodmorning beautiful! Can't wait to see you're gorgeous face today(: hurry I can't hold my excitement in any longer!" I scanned my eyes over the sweet message Austin sent me.

"Goodmorning handsome(: I have to wait until my dad wakes up then we will hang out. Promise"

"Mkay! Hurry pwease" he replied. A soft giggle left my throat as I read his text. He was so cute.

A thought hit me. What am I going to wear when I see Austin? OMG! I haven't thought of that! I have to wear something cute defiantly but nothing out of my comfort zone. Then I got the perfect outfit out of a luggage in the truck. It was a black flowing tank top with a slit in the back and beige crosses on it. To go with it I picked out beige lace high waisted shorts and black sandals. I curled my hair and applied light make up on.

I opened the passenger door and waited for my dad to get on the driver's seat.

***

Hours passed and we were still driving. My heart raced more and more as we got closer to North Star. My dad planned on dropping me off at Freestyle so I could hang out with Austin then Austin would take me to my new house where my dad would be unpacking.

Finally I saw the two pairs of gigantic cowboy boots. We had made it to North Star. I pulled down the mirror in the truck and applied some light pink lipgloss. I smacked my lips together and touched up my make up. I looked at my dad and asked how I looked.

"You look beautiful as you usually do. Have fun Brooke! You know the rules don't talk to strangers and stick with Austin don't run off!"

"I know daddy! Bye! Love you!" I said as I climbed slowly off the truck.

I walked up to the glass doors and walked in. An instant gust of cold air hit me as I inhaled. People of all different kinds rushed from store to store not even looking at me. So many people were at the mall today! I saw a line to my left where couples were waiting to be seated at the Cheesecake Factory. Some were giving me disgusted looks I just shrugged and looked away. I turned my attention to the store to my right. Freestyle. Manikins lined up against the window modeling boys clothing. I slowly walked into the store as I glanced up at the ceiling. The ceiling was covered in mirror tiles. I saw my reflection and adjusted my outfit. I looked down at my shoes to make sure I didn't step in mud or anything.

A pair of soft, large hands covered my eyes. I began to panic then a soft whisper came to my ear.

"Guess who" the breathe that filled my ear sent chills down my spine. I bit the bottom of my lip and turned around. There he was. Austin Mahone. The perfect boy who I left when I moved to California. The perfect boy who I never forgot.

I draped my arms around his neck and he placed his arms around my waist. He lifted me up and spun me around as I laughed.

"BROOKE! AH! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" He yelled in the store.

"I MISSED YOU TOO!" He was still spinning me around and I couldn't stop laughing. He set me down and we laughed together for about two minutes until we both caught our breathe. He gently grabbed my hand and looked down at the ground. I looked up at him and stared into those hazel eyes of his. He looked at me, then at my lips. I leaned slowly towards him as did he. We stopped when we were so close that our noses were touching. He licked his lips and we stayed there. Holding hands and looking into each others eyes. A moment I will never forget.