Chapter 26: A Night's Rest Before a Taste of Metal

---------

Over the Seas – Zao Luxury Ship, Evening Hours

The waters below shimmered in the soft light of dusk as the Zao Luxury Ship glided gracefully over the ocean's surface, its course set for Shang Tu. The ship's journey was calm and steady, the gentle hum of its engines barely audible over the serene sounds of the sea. They were scheduled to arrive at Shang Tu by the following morning, but for now, the tranquility of the journey allowed the group to unwind and reflect.

Standing by the rails, Tails, Sonic, and Torque were deep in conversation, their gazes drifting over the peaceful horizon as the sun dipped lower, casting an orange glow on the rippling waters.

"So, it's called Hyper-go-on energy?" Tails asked, processing the new information Torque had shared.

Torque nodded. "Yup. That's what powers them. It's the special ability of the Wisps, and the reason Brevon wanted them so badly back then," he explained. Gyro hovering beside him, gave a small nod of pride. "Each Wisp comes in a different color, and every one of them has its own unique power. Gyro here, for example, can transform into a powerful laser, while others can turn into drills, spikes, and more."

Tails stared in awe, his mind buzzing with the possibilities. "Wow, that's incredible. I'd love to meet the other Wisps someday," he mused, already thinking of ways he could use their energy for good.

Sonic, leaning against the railing, grinned. "Visiting space? I'm down. We should totally take a trip out there one day," he said nonchalantly, as if planning a casual vacation.

Torque chuckled at the thought. "Heh, maybe someday," he replied with a slight smirk. "But trust me, space is no joke."

Sonic raised an eyebrow, a playful grin spreading across his face. "Tell me about it," he shot back. "Let me tell you about our little space adventure when we took down the Death Egg and—"

As the guys continued their conversation, Lilac, Carol, and Milla were standing not too far off, watching the waters below. The gentle sway of the ship and the cool sea breeze brought a sense of calm over them.

"Can you believe we did all that?" Carol asked, leaning against the railing as she watched the waves crash softly against the ship's side. "We actually saved a city all by ourselves!"

Lilac nodded as she glanced back at Sonic and Tails. "Yeah... Meeting them was probably the best thing that could've happened to us," she said softly, her eyes filled with gratitude.

Milla stood by the edge, her gaze focused on the water, a thoughtful expression on her face. She seemed lost in her own world, filled with wonder at the vast ocean stretching out before them. Lilac noticed and gently nudged her. "Hey, Milla, how are you feeling?"

Milla blinked, snapping out of her thoughts before giving Lilac a small smile. "I'm okay... I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have met all of you. I've never been on a ship like this before. It feels like something out of the stories," she said, her voice quiet but filled with awe.

Carol, curious, raised an eyebrow. "You're always talking about these stories. Where did you hear them?"

Milla furrowed her brow, her ears drooping slightly. "I... I don't really remember," she admitted, her voice tinged with confusion. "Some of the details are fuzzy, and I don't know where I learned them, but they've always been in my head."

Carol and Lilac exchanged a glance in surprise. Milla's past had been a bit of a mystery, and this only deepened their curiosity. But before they could ask further, Tails suddenly approached them with an excited gleam in his eyes.