Pepperony (Pepper + Tony)

Title: Locked In

Tony Stark sat in the back seat of the sleek, black car, arms crossed tightly over his chest. His usual confident demeanor was nowhere to be found.

Instead, he was on the verge of a full-blown tantrum, pouting like a child who’d just been told it was time to do homework.

“Pepper, you can’t seriously expect me to go to this press conference,” he whined, his voice a mix of disbelief and desperation. “It’s just a bunch of people asking me questions about what I’m doing with my life. As if I don’t have enough of that already.”

Pepper Potts, sitting in the front passenger seat, shot him an exasperated look. “Tony, this isn’t just any press conference. It’s important for the company and the future of the Iron Man initiative. You need to be there.”

“You’re a grown man Tony,” she added, keeping her voice steady.

“Pepper, if you don’t let me out of this car right now, I’m going to throw myself out of the car!”

“Is that a threat or a promise?” Happy Hogan, sitting in the driver’s seat, quipped, glancing back at Tony with a smirk.

“It’s a promise, Happy!” Tony snapped, his trademark sass failing to mask the underlying panic. “I’d rather take my chances with the asphalt than sit through this.”

“Tony, you know you can’t just jump out of a moving vehicle,” Rhodey chimed in from the back seat next to Tony. “That would hurt.”

“Exactly!” Tony groaned, flopping back against the seat dramatically. “You know how much I value my bones.”

Pepper sighed, her determination unwavering. “You’re going to that press conference, and that’s final.”

Just as Tony actually started to open the doors, Pepper activated the child safety locks on the back doors. Tony’s eyes widened, his mouth falling open in disbelief.

“DID YOU JUST TURN THE CHILDREN’S LOCK ON?!”

“Just keeping you safe,” Pepper said, trying her best to keep a straight face, but the corners of her mouth twitched.
Happy and Rhodey burst out laughing, sharing a high-five at the absurdity of the situation.

“This is the best thing I’ve seen all week!” Rhodey chuckled, wiping a tear from his eye.

“You guys are supposed to be on my side!” Tony exclaimed, his frustration melting into reluctant amusement.

He turned to the two of them, trying to maintain his pout, but it was hard to stay mad when the atmosphere was so light.

“Sorry, but we’re just following orders,” Happy teased, glancing at Pepper. “And the order is to keep Tony locked up until he does what he’s supposed to do.”

“Very funny,” Tony grumbled, though a hint of a smile tugged at his lips. “This is what you’ve been reduced to? Kidnapping me to make me go to a press conference?”

“Consider it tough love,” Pepper replied, her tone turning softer. “You have a responsibility, Tony. You can’t just bail every time you feel like it. Besides, you know how much these things matter to the people who look up to you.”

With a dramatic sigh, Tony leaned back, finally conceding. “Fine! But I’m only doing this because I can’t stand the thought of you driving off and leaving me to fend for myself with the press.”

“Exactly,” Pepper said, her voice firm but gentle. “Now, are you ready to face the world?”

Tony rolled his eyes but nodded, albeit begrudgingly. “Yeah, yeah. Just don’t make me wear a tie.”

Pepper laughed softly. “No promises.”

As they pulled up to the venue, Tony took a deep breath, preparing himself for the swarm of flashing cameras and eager reporters.

It wasn’t going to be easy, but with Pepper by his side, he knew he could face anything—even if it meant being the grown man who had to be dragged kicking and screaming to a press conference.

“Here we go,” he muttered, straightening up and adjusting his shirt. “But if I hear one question about my personal life, I’m out of here.”

Pepper smirked, “No promises.”

And with that, the door opened, and the world was waiting.