Pepperony (Pepper + Tony)

Title: Pepperony Songfiction
Song: 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift

Tony Stark stood on the balcony of his Malibu mansion, gazing out at the sunset. His thoughts drifted, as they often did, to her—Pepper Potts.

She wasn’t just his assistant anymore, hadn’t been for years. She was everything to him, though he rarely said it out loud.

We were both young when I first saw you…

He smiled as he remembered the first day he met her. She’d been so serious, so businesslike. But there was something about her, something that made his cocky, playboy exterior falter. She was different from anyone he’d ever known.

I close my eyes and the flashback starts, I'm standing there…

He remembered the press conferences, the late nights at the office, the way she handled everything with grace and strength. He had fallen for her long before he realized it.

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns…

There had been countless events—charity galas, Stark Expo openings, parties filled with glitz and glamour. He’d watched her glide through them all with elegance. He’d never said it, but she had always been the most beautiful woman in the room.

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, and my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet."

Tony chuckled to himself, knowing her hesitance had never come from a disapproving father, but from the chaos of his life—the Iron Man suits, the constant danger. Pepper had always been the one telling him to be careful, to slow down, to stay safe. She was right, of course, but Tony had never been good at playing it safe.

And I was crying on the staircase, begging you, 'Please don't go.'

There had been so many close calls, so many battles where he’d nearly lost everything. Every time, Pepper had been there, waiting for him, her heart in her eyes as she begged him not to leave her behind.

And I said, "Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone."

Tony sighed, remembering how many times they’d tried to find a moment of peace. Between the Avengers, the world crises, and his own self-destructive tendencies, they’d never truly had the chance to just… be. But despite it all, she stayed. She never left him.

I got tired of waiting, wondering if you were ever coming around…

He knew he had made her wait far too long. He had taken too long to realize that she was more than just his assistant, more than just someone who managed his chaotic life. He loved her—deeply, fiercely—but he had been too wrapped up in his own world to see it clearly.

Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know.

Tony’s heart pounded in his chest. He’d never been the romantic type, but now, standing here, thinking of all the times they’d been through—he knew what he needed to do.

Pulling out his phone, he quickly dialed her number. It rang once, twice.

“Tony?” Pepper’s voice came through, soft and familiar.

“Pep,” Tony said, his voice uncharacteristically shaky, “I need you to come to the house.”

“Is everything alright?” she asked, concern coloring her tone.

“Yeah,” Tony assured her. “Just… come.”
_________________

It wasn’t long before Pepper arrived, stepping out of the car with her usual grace. Tony was waiting for her on the balcony, and she walked up, her face a mix of curiosity and worry.

“What’s going on?” she asked as she stood before him.

Tony looked at her, really looked at her. She was stunning, as always. Her red hair caught the last rays of the sun, making her look ethereal. He reached out and took her hands, surprising her.

“Pepper,” he began, his voice soft. “I know I’ve made things difficult. I know I haven’t always been… the easiest person to be with.”

She raised an eyebrow, her lips quirking in a small smile. “You could say that.”

“But through everything, you’ve been there. You’ve saved me more times than I can count—literally and figuratively.” Tony took a deep breath, his heart racing. “And I love you. I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone.”

Pepper’s eyes softened, and she squeezed his hands. “Tony…”

“I don’t want to waste any more time,” Tony interrupted, his voice firm. “Pepper Potts, will you marry me?”

Pepper’s breath caught in her throat. She stared at him, wide-eyed. “Tony, are you serious?”

He pulled out a small box from his pocket and opened it, revealing a simple but stunning ring. “I’ve never been more serious about anything in my life.”

For a moment, the world seemed to stop. Pepper looked at him, her eyes filled with love and surprise. And then, slowly, a smile spread across her face.

“Yes,” she whispered. “Yes, I’ll marry you.”

Tony grinned, pulling her into his arms and spinning her around as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting them both in a golden glow.

I talked to your dad—go pick out a white dress…

In the back of his mind, the song continued to play as they held each other, their laughter mingling with the sound of the waves crashing against the shore.

This was their love story—messy, complicated, and beautiful. And they were finally writing it together.