Chapter 86: The Final Apology

The room was quiet, save for the gentle hum of the city outside the windows. Bella sat at the edge of her bed, her hands resting on her lap, her heart racing as she waited. She had been rehearsing this moment in her mind for days, unsure of how to express the swirling emotions inside her. She had come so far, and yet the weight of her past actions still lingered heavily on her chest.

A soft knock echoed through the room, breaking her from her thoughts. She knew it was Sandro. He had agreed to meet her here, to finally talk without the tension, without the anger. It was a conversation they both needed. One last chance to let go of the darkness that had followed them for so long.

"Come in," Bella called softly.

Sandro opened the door slowly, his expression calm yet guarded. He stepped inside and closed the door behind him, standing there for a moment as if gathering his thoughts. Bella met his eyes, and for the first time in weeks, there was no trace of the anger or confusion that had once clouded his gaze. Instead, there was something softer, something that gave her hope.

"Bella," Sandro began, his voice steady but laced with emotion, "I think it's time we talked, really talked, about everything."

She nodded, feeling the lump in her throat grow. "I know. I've been thinking about this for a long time."

Sandro crossed the room and took a seat across from her, his eyes never leaving hers. For a moment, they sat in silence, the air thick with unspoken words. Bella wanted to start, to say everything she had been holding back, but the weight of her guilt made it hard to speak.

Finally, Sandro broke the silence. "Bella, I've had time to think—about us, about everything that happened. And I realize that I wasn't completely innocent in all of this. I led you on in ways I shouldn't have. I used your feelings for my own gain, and for that, I'm truly sorry."

Bella's heart clenched at his words. She had waited so long to hear them, but now that they were out in the open, she realized that they didn't ease her own guilt. She shook her head, her voice shaky as she spoke. "No, Sandro, I'm the one who should apologize. What I did to you, to us... it was wrong. I let my obsession with you take over my life, and I crossed lines I never should have. I hurt you in ways I can never fully take back."

Sandro looked at her, his eyes softening with understanding. "We both made mistakes, Bella. But we're here now. We've both been through hell, and I think it's time we forgive each other—for everything."

Tears welled up in Bella's eyes as she absorbed his words. She had been holding onto her guilt for so long, punishing herself for every wrong decision, every manipulation. But now, hearing Sandro's forgiveness, she realized that she didn't have to carry that burden anymore.

"I forgive you, Sandro," she whispered, her voice barely audible but filled with sincerity. "For everything. And I hope... I hope you can forgive me too."

Sandro reached across the small space between them, taking her hands in his. His touch was gentle, reassuring, and in that moment, Bella felt the walls between them crumble. "I forgive you, Bella. Completely."

A sob escaped Bella's lips as she leaned into him, her tears flowing freely. Sandro wrapped his arms around her, holding her close as she cried. It wasn't just the relief of forgiveness—it was the release of everything they had been holding back for so long. The anger, the pain, the regret—it all melted away in that embrace.

They stayed like that for what felt like hours, holding each other in the quiet room, the weight of their past slowly dissolving. When Bella finally pulled away, her tears had dried, and for the first time in what felt like forever, she smiled—a real, genuine smile.

"Thank you," she whispered, her voice still shaky but filled with hope. "Thank you for giving me a chance to make things right."

Sandro smiled back, his hand gently brushing a stray tear from her cheek. "We both deserve a fresh start. And I think we can build something better from here."

Bella nodded, her heart swelling with a sense of peace she hadn't known in years. "I believe we can."

As they sat together, their hands still intertwined, Bella realized that this was the moment they had both been waiting for. A moment of true forgiveness, not just for each other, but for themselves. The darkness that had once consumed them was fading, replaced by something softer, something more real.

"I don't know what the future holds," Sandro said quietly, "but I want to move forward with you. No more lies, no more games. Just us."

Bella's smile grew, her heart feeling light for the first time in so long. "That's all I've ever wanted."

In that moment, they both knew that their journey wasn't over—it was just beginning. But this time, they were stepping into it with open hearts and clear minds, ready to build something true. And for the first time, Bella felt like she could finally let go of the past and embrace the future, hand in hand with Sandro.

**End of Chapter 86**