Chapter 17: The Plan Unfolds

Bella sat in the darkness of her bedroom, staring blankly at the flickering flame of a single candle on her nightstand. The world outside her window was quiet, the hum of the city far below barely reaching her. She hadn't slept in days. Her mind wouldn't let her. It was too busy spinning, plotting, calculating her next move.

After the humiliation she had endured at the gala, something inside her had shifted. The pain she had felt as Sandro dismissed her, as he forgot her name, had twisted into something darker—an insatiable need for power over him. She had been too soft before, too patient, thinking that her devotion alone would make him notice her. But now, Bella saw the truth. Love wasn't enough. Kindness, loyalty, even sacrifice—none of it mattered.

Control did.

Bella reached for her notebook, the one she had filled with details of Sandro's career, his projects, his alliances, and enemies. She had carefully gathered information over the months, ensuring she knew every move he made, every decision he faced. She had been his silent protector, working behind the scenes to ensure his success. But now, that same knowledge would become her weapon.

The plan had already begun to take shape in her mind. Sandro would soon face a crisis, one that would force him to rely on her—one that only she could fix. And this time, she wouldn't be gentle. She wouldn't wait in the shadows, hoping he would come to her. No, she would be at the center of it all, pulling the strings.

But it wasn't just about making him fall for her anymore. Bella's obsession had morphed into something far more sinister. She wanted him to depend on her, to realize that without her, his life would unravel. It wasn't enough for him to love her. She needed him to be *hers*, completely and utterly.

Her thoughts grew darker as she flipped through the pages of her notebook, scribbling notes and making connections. There were ways to make him vulnerable, to strip away his power piece by piece. And once he was weakened, once he had nowhere else to turn, he would have no choice but to come to her.

Bella's heart raced as she began to lay out the details in her mind. First, she would sabotage his latest political initiative—a project he had been banking on for months. It wouldn't be difficult. She had the contacts, the money, and the influence to pull it off. All it would take was a few well-placed calls, and Sandro's project would collapse, leaving him scrambling for a solution.

And when that happened, Bella would be there.

But that was only the beginning. Once she had his attention, once he realized how much power she wielded over his life, she would tighten her grip. Sandro had made a mistake when he underestimated her, and now, he would pay for it.

A dark smile played on Bella's lips as she imagined how it would all unfold. Sandro would fall, and she would be the one to catch him—only to hold him tighter than he ever thought possible. He would owe her everything, and in time, he would come to realize that no one else could offer him what she could.

She closed the notebook, her pulse quickening with anticipation. This time, she wouldn't be the invisible benefactor. She would be at the center of his life, guiding his every move, shaping his future.

Her phone buzzed on the nightstand, pulling her out of her thoughts. It was a message from one of her contacts, confirming that the wheels were already in motion. The first step in her plan—sabotaging Sandro's project—was well underway. In a matter of days, he would be facing a crisis that only she could resolve.

Bella leaned back against the pillows, staring up at the ceiling as her mind continued to race. She was done playing the role of the lovesick girl, waiting for his affection. Now, she was the one in control.

But there was still a part of her that felt the pull of guilt, a voice deep within her that whispered warnings. She wasn't the woman she used to be. She had crossed so many lines, and now, she was on the verge of something even darker.

Did Sandro really deserve this? Did she? The thoughts were fleeting, quickly drowned out by the surge of power she felt as her plan came together. It didn't matter anymore. He had pushed her too far, and now, she would take what was hers.

The next morning, Bella awoke with a renewed sense of purpose. She had spent too long waiting, too long letting Sandro control the narrative. Now, she would write the story, and she would be the one to decide how it ended.

She dressed carefully, choosing a sharp, tailored suit that made her feel powerful. Today, she would meet with her contacts, solidifying the next steps of her plan. Everything had to go perfectly. There could be no room for error.

As she looked at herself in the mirror, Bella barely recognized the woman staring back at her. The soft, hopeful girl who had once dreamed of love and romance was gone, replaced by someone harder, colder. This woman didn't dream of happy endings. She dreamed of control, of bending the world to her will.

And Sandro would be her first conquest.

Bella's phone buzzed again, another update from her contact. The project was already starting to fall apart, just as she had planned. By the end of the week, Sandro would be facing a disaster, one that would force him to his knees.

She smiled as she left her apartment, the cool morning air brushing against her face. This was just the beginning. She was no longer the woman who waited in the shadows. She was the one pulling the strings now, and soon, Sandro would realize that his life was no longer his own.

As Bella walked through the city streets, her mind raced with visions of what was to come. She had fallen too deep into her obsession to stop now. The thrill of control, the power she wielded over Sandro's life, had become too intoxicating.

And once she had him where she wanted him, there would be no turning back.