Chapter 10

Kaylas pov.

Liam pulls me underwater playfully, making me scream. I come back up for air and see Gabby sitting on the edge of the pool smiling. Harry comes out of the water and jumps on her, making her fall backwards. I feel a pair of hands turn me around to face their owner. "What are you looking at?" Liam asks me. "Oh... I've just been noticing how troubled Gabby has been lately... I don't know how to help." I say frowning.

Liam matches my frown. "Hey, you guys are pretty good friends now. You'll figure something out. And I'm sure she'll tell you what's wrong if you ask her." "Oh, I already know what's wrong." I say back. Floating on the water. "She's having boy troubles." I finish. "Aren't we all?" Liam asks. He then realizes his mistake and blushes. "Arg! No! I-um- didn't mean it- like- that..." He says, fumbling with his words.

I burst out into laughter, making Liam pout. Soon after, he smiles. "We'll I'm glad you're humored by me." I smile at him and see Gabby go inside, soon followed by Niall. "Ooohhhhh! They're going inside together!" I gossip. "He really likes her, you know?" Liam says, nodding towards the house where Niall just entered. "So does Harry." Liam adds. I turn my head and see Harry, Louis and Zayn splashing around, laughing. I sigh and am thankful I'm not in the same situation.

"Louis." I hear Niall say. I turn around and see him coming out of the house. Louis meets Niall at the edge of the pool and Niall whispers something to him. Louis nods, pushes himself out of the water, and runs inside. My curiosity takes over and I get out of the pool and walk over to Niall. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Is Gabby ok?" I find Harry right beside me asking. "Yeah. She's just a little upset." Niall replies. Harry and I both know why, so we don't say anything else. "I'm gunna go inside." Harry says sounding a little upset. Niall follows him in. "Are you done swimming?" I hear Liam ask. "I think so." I say. He takes my hand and pulls me inside the house. He takes me into one of the bathrooms and pulls out a towel, wrapping it around me.

"Thanks." I say blushing. "No problem." Liam smiles back at me. "Hey, you wanna watch a movie?" Liam asks me happily. "Sure." I reply back, trying my best to smile back. He takes my hand again and drags me upstairs, into a room I haven't seen before. "This is my room." Liam says waving his arms around the room. I gawk at the fancy room. "Wow." Is all I can say.

"I don't live here, so it's not as cool as my other room." He shrugs. "We usually stay here when we have a concert someplace close." "It's amazing!" I say exploring the room. "What do you want to watch?" He asks going over to a pile of movies. "Toy story." I say beaming at him. "Hey! I love that movie!" He says turning to me.

"I know." I say blushing. He beams at me and before I know it he is right next to me. "You're really something Kayla." He whispers, his warm breath on my face. "So are you." I whisper back. His hand brushes the hair out of my face and stays cupped on my cheek. "You're so beautiful." He says. I meet his eyes and we both blush.

Our faces slowly inch closer until our lips are touching. My arms snake around his neck and my fingers twist in his short hair. He deepens the kiss by sliding his tongue across my bottom lip and I let it slide into my mouth. I finally pull away, not quite believing what just happened. "Sorry." He mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck. "Don't be." I say beaming at him.

I take his hand and pull him onto the bed with me. He plays the movie and I get comfortable, snuggling against his chest. My mind can't believe that I'm really here in his arms. I have dreamed about this for so long. And now it's actually happening. I close my eyes and relax, enjoying the moment. As I drift to sleep, I can't help wondering if Gabby is ok.