~Chapter 1~

*Sam's P.O.V*

The ball was being passed down the court. My teamate, Jaxson passes the ball down to me. We were 2 points behind, and there was only 7.2 seconds left in the game and I was at half court. I was dripping in sweat. My teammates on the bench cheer me on as I dribble quickly somehow dodging the defenders. The crowd was loud but I had the noise on mute all I was focused on was the rim. I was down to the posts position now and I lift my arms and shoot the ball for the layup, 0.5 seconds left on the clock. The crowd was silent as the ball went along the edge of the rim and then it dropped. The crowd went wild and my teammates cheered we had just one the sophomore championship. I stand there in shock and Jaxson runs up to me wrapping his arms around me laughing then the whole team runs up and we do a sweaty group hug, including coach Smith.

-

I sit in the locker room with a big smile on my face then I take my jersy off and Jaxson walks in.

"Hey Sam?" He says.

"Ya Jax?" I ask.

"The whole team wants to go out to eat tonight to celebrate the championship win," he says

"Haha! If you guys are paying, how could I say no?" I say with a slight grin.

Jaxson's smile gets wider and he blushes slightly, "Awesome!" He says as I slip on my shirt. "Ill go wait outside" he says and walks out of the locker room.

I sigh, and roll my eyes at the way my best friend gets so happy so easy. Then after I'm ready I walk out to the parking lot where Jaxson was waiting for me. I had just turned 16, 3 days ago and got my drivers license that day along with my dads old car. So I have to take Jaxson everywhere because he doesnt turn 16 till 3 weeks from now.

He smiles and gets in the passenger seat.

I get in the driver's seat and we go to the restaurant, it was Red Lobster. I loved seafood so much!

-

I smiled happily while getting out of the car once we got there. Jaxson complained that I drove to slow to the other guys once we got inside and coach laughs.

We talk and laugh for a while and ate our food.

-

"Thanks for driving me home Sam." Says Jaxson once I stop to drop him at his house.

"Did I really have a choice?" I joke and he laughs.

"No, not really." He says and I smile at him. I was so lucky to have a friend like him.

He waves bye and goes inside his house.

I drive home and see my aunt's car.

"Oh?" I say when I see her on the porch "hey aunt Clair." I smile when I get out of the car.

I look over and see my neighbor, James playing with his dog in his backyard, he was my age and when we were 5 we used to be really close, then we just went our separate ways after a while...

"Hi Sammy." Says Aunt Clair with a smile.

"Why are you home so early?" I ask her.

"Oh well I got good news.." She says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I get to go to Jamaica!" She says.

"Wait? Jamaica?! Why?!" I say I was happy for her, but why was she going alone?

"I get to go for 3 months for work, don't worry I won't be alone." She smiles at me.

"OMG YOUR TAKING ME WITH YOU?!" I shout making James look at me.

"....Uh.... no." She says making me frown. "I'm going with my boyfriend." She says.

"Oh." I say still with a frown. Aunt Claire's boyfriend was 27 and he was really nice, my Aunt Clair was 25, it was like she was my sister, not my aunt, but ever since my dad died she has token care of me, my mom left when I was 4 and then my dad died of suicide a year later. I didnt have any other family members that I know so Aunt Claire was there for me.

"I'm sorry Sammy!" She says.

"Its fine." I say with a reassuring smile.

"Are you ok with staying her by yourself?" She asks.

"Ya why wouldn't I be?" I say. It would be nice anyways to have the house to myself.

-

So 3 days after that Aunt Claire was on a plane to Jamaica and I sat at home, bored. It was a Friday night to... who cares?