Heartbreak

I was so focused on writing down things in my notebook that I failed to notice my mom walk in. As soon as I saw her, I immediately closed it.

"Got something to hide?"

"Uhm... No?"

She took the notebook from my hold and opened it up to find what I was writing. Thank god I didn't put anything about Jamie in there. I was writing a poem, which wound up turning into a song. That's something I haven't done in a while, but it seemed like the perfect way to address what's been going on in my life.

"You're better off without him, hunny. I know it's hard to realize he hid this from you all this time, but he really is an asshole. He doesn't deserve such a great girl like you, and you sure as hell don't deserve a guy like him."

"Look, all I care about at this point is that the baby and I are happy and healthy. Which is happening, so I have no worries. He's not going to be getting out of jail anytime soon."

"Do things to make you happy, not others. It'll take you way farther."

She set the notebook down on my lap and kissed my cheek before leaving my room.

I got up from my bed and walked over to my closet, opening it to retrieve my old guitar. Sitting back down on my bed, I lightly strummed the strings, figuring out which ones I needed to adjust. Once that was done, I just had to come up with the correct melody to match the mood of the song. So, I sang along.

"This is a modern fairytale,
No happy endings,
No wind in our sails.
But I can't imagine,
Breathless moments,
Breaking me down, down, down.

The beds getting cold and you're not here,
The future that we hold us so unclear,
But I'm not alive until you call,
And now but the odds against it all.
Save your goodbyes cause I don't hear it.
You might be right but I don't care.
There's a million reasons why I should give you up,
But the heart wants what it wants."

Setting the guitar down on my bed, I grabbed the notebook and pen and scribbled down the chords to use, and the title. It was called, 'The Heart Wants What It Wants'.

I figured I would wait until I had the song completely down before I posted it to YouTube. And yes, this is me saying I'm finally going to make it. I wonder what people will think of it?

Better yet, I'll have to show it to Jamie! I'm sure that by the time we have our 'date' at his house I'll have it down.

**A.N.**

Sorry I haven't been updating! I've been so busy it's ridiculous. It was my moms birthday, then mine, I had job interviews, got hired, had a party. And tonight I'm gonna see Jasmine V and Jake Miller!! I start my job Wednesday so I'll try and update as much as I can!