Callbacks

Jamie's POV:

For the next two weeks I had been staying in Los Angeles for the movie's callbacks. The cast had been finalized and we had received the script for the movie.

Classes with my students had been canceled, but part of me felt bad due to missing Selena's birthday. But I swore that I would make it up to her, of course.

I had spent some time with my cast mate, Dakota, who would be my love interest, if you say, in the movie.

It was my last night here, and I had come back to my hotel early enough to pack my bags. That's when my computer started to ring; it was a Skype call from Selena.

I answered it, only to come face to face with Selena's mother, Mandy.

"Oh, uh hi Ms. Gomez. Is there something I can help you with?"

"It's Selena."

"Wh-"

"She's been asking for you. Please, she's not okay."

"What's wrong with her?"

"She got in a car accident."

"How?!"

"She swerved on black ice and crashed into a telephone pole. Bruised, cut up, and unconscious."

In my head I could perfectly picture the incident. It felt like a twinge of pain, as if a knife had stabbed me in the heart. I wish that I could've been there for her, but I wasnt.

"I'll take the first flight out there. I'll get there as soon as possible."

-•-

It was about twelve hours later and u had landed back in Pennsylvania. The first thing I did was get one of the taxi's to drive me to the hospital her mother told me she was at.

Mandy met me outside of the room, obviously looking tired from spending the night at the hospital.

"How's she doing?"

"Good, I guess. She just woke up a few hours ago. She'll be happy to see you."

Stepping aside from the door, I turned the knob and pushed it open, walking in to see her. She was curled up on the bed, wires hooked up to certain areas of her body.

"Baby.."

Selena looked over at me, immediately brightening up.

"Jamie, you came."

"Why would I? You needed me."

I sat down on the side of her bed, kissing her cheek.

"Is the baby okay?"

"She's fine, luckily."

She let out a sigh of relief. Licking over her lips, she rested her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her frame, slowly decking back on the bed, holding her close in my embrace.

"I'll always be there."