Valentine's Day

Today was my 'date' with Jamie, and for some reason I was nervous and I have no clue why. I had on a fitted black dress that stopped just above my knees, my hair was curled and pulled back, and I had black flats on. Luckily for today, it wasn't snowing.

Besides tonight, I was excited for the fact that I get to find out the sex of the baby tomorrow. My mom wouldn't be available to take me due to her shift at work, so Jamie was going to take me. Yeah, you heard me right.

Slipping on my jacket, I left the house and began on my merrily way to Jamie's house. As usual, it was about a ten minute walk until I got to his house, knocking on the front door.

Jamie opened the door, a smile plastered on his face. He had on a white button down along with a solid black tie, and khaki pants. He said to dress some what fancy like for the dinner he had cooked for us.

I walked in and he closed the door behind me, immediately pressing his lips firmly to mine.

"I missed you." He said softly, brushing his thumb against my cheek. "Come on, dinner's waiting."

He took my hand and led me to his dining room, where I saw everything laid out. There was parmesan chicken on top of angel hair noodles, sparkling cider, and buttered bread.

There was three candles on the table lite, and the overhead chandelier was dimly lite.

"Jamie, it's beautiful, and it smells delicious."

He pulled my seat out and I sat down, placing the napkin on my lap.

Jamie sat down across from me, a sly grin on his face. I grabbed my fork and dipping it into the noodles, twirling a pretty good amount onto it. As soon as I ate it, my eyes widened.

"Jamie, this is delicious!"

-•-

(By the way, this takes place after the appointment the next day. Jamie wasnt allowed in the room because Selena wanted to surprise him with it.)

"So, how did your doctors appointment go?"

"It went great actually. I have the picture in my purse. Do you wanna see it?"

He nodded. So I got up and grabbed my purse from the front door and pulled out the envelope. I walked back over to where he was sitting on the couch, and sat down on his lap. His arms wrapped around my waist, as I opened the envelope the picture was in to reveal it.

"See, here's the head, little hands, and feet. It's a girl." I smiled widely to myself, nodding my head, then glancing back at Jamie. "It's a girl."

"I'm sure shell be blessed with her mother's looks. She'll be just as beautiful as you." He smiled, kissing my cheek.

"Just don't forget one thing."

"Which is?"

"I'm always going to be here for you."

He glanced down at the sonogram before looking back to me.

"But I do have one question to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"