Chapter 7

Ever since nights and mornings were never the same. I never put my phone away, and on a side note i never put my smile away too. I sneaked off after school everyday to meet him. I stopped talking to my friends because I honestly was too caught up with Percy. I started lying to my mom everyday about where I went and what time school ended. But it made me happy and that was all that mattered at that time.

We slipped off to Starbucks one day after school and for a change I decided to pay for the drinks. After paying, I slipped the receipt into my wallet and headed to the couch to chill with Percy before returning home. I was just in time for dinner as I walked through the door. After dinner, mom needed to get something from the shop and needed my card so without thinking I passed my wallet to her.

And she found my receipt.

"Where were you today, Pris?"

"School..why?"

"What is this receipt doing here then?"

My mind started racing, I needed help. There was no way out, but before I could open my mouth, Rachel saved me saying, "Oh mom I went there to get a drink after school today because I lost a bet with Helena, and I had to pay for her."

And mom bought it, but I couldn't help thinking about how close things were today. I can't risk it anymore, I thought to myself.

After a week, the incident cooled down and things were going so good up till the day when Percy and I had our first big argument.

"What do you mean I can't hang out with Alex. He is just a friend. Stop being so protective Percy."

"Well IF you remember I was just a friend too."

"STOP IT. NOT EVERYONE'S LIKE YOU."

"Oh wow, what is that supposed to mean?"

and it went on

and on, and on.

And just a week later, we fought about my shorts which were apparently too short for Percy's liking.

Then a week later, I called him names during a fight which lasted forever.

And then we started fighting everyday, about the smallest things that i lost track of the number of fights we had.

Stupid how people say fights brings couple closer together because in my case, it only tore us apart. 

After 5 months of being together, I gave up. This sadness just was not worth it anymore. I didn't deserve this. I needed some peace and quiet. I needed someone who gave me some freedom. I needed space. I needed some me time. He made me cry more than smile. Who is this person? Does he still love me. Am I dating an onion? Negativity started to creep into my mind. I decided to put an end to everything. 

That night, I called Percy.

"Percy we need to talk. I can't do this I'm leaving."

"NO? YOU CANNOT LEAVE. I LOVE YOU. YOU LOVE ME. THESE FIGHTS ARE STUPID. YOU PROMISED ME PRIS."

"Yea, and I'm breaking it. Good bye Percy. Stay away from me. I hate you. I don't want to see you or talk to you anymore. Don't even come across me by accident. You've made me miserable. I hate you. I HATE YOU."

"Pris wait, I lov-"

I hung up and blocked him off everything.

I was free finally. Free from my parents' interrogation about who I talk to most nights on the phone. Free from my pain. Free from lies. Happiness was going to be my best friend now. 

Despite finally having what I wanted, my heart felt heavy. I couldn't sleep that night. Did I really hate him? Yes I did, but then why do I miss his voice terribly. Why do I miss how he made me laugh no matter what time of the night it was. Why do I miss his compliments which made me blush. Why do I miss him. No no no. This is for my own good. I hugged my self to sleep, on the first ever night in a long time,without listening to Percy's voice.