Chapter 17

I snapped back to reality. Its nearly been a month since that day. I was still holding onto the picture of Percy and me. Samuel wasn't a part of my life anymore. He was a nice person but it just wasn't working out. I felt horrible, for being with someone, while being in love with someone else. I decided to take Layla's advice and do the right thing. As soon as I landed in Australia, I texted all my friends to inform them. I also texted Samuel, and told him that I couldn't be with him. I apologised, for I knew that it wasn't a very nice thing to do. Samuel was adamant at first, but then he finally let me go, promising to come over to meet me in a few years time. I was so thankful and I said good bye to him. I was glad that we ended on a good note but later that day Ariel called me on Skype. She sounded really hesitant at first but then eventually broke the news.

"Did you know, that Samuel has been talking shit about you to all his friends. Val was telling me how you kissed them and made use of him. He said that you took advantage of him. He even said that you were the one who initiated the whole dating thing. Is it true? I know it can't be. I still see Percy in your eyes." 

I felt betrayed. Samuel was a horrible person, even more so than I was. How dare he?! He knew very well how he forced me into that kiss, and that relationship for that matter. Since when did walking away for my own happiness become a sin?  I have the choice to do what makes me happy. I didn't spread rumours about him. I didn't even hate him, but at that moment I did. I blocked him, totally getting rid of him. I have had enough of people who pretended to like me. I wanted my happiness back. 

I wanted Percy back. 

He made me want to shoot myself, but for him, I wouldn't have minded. 

And ever since then, all I thought about was Percy. I didn't give Percy my new number. As much as I wanted him back in my life, the sensible part of me knew that it was for the best. I knew that time would heal my soul. That I would soon meet someone, who would make me laugh so hard and make me so happy that I would wake up every morning without an alarm clock (it's a big deal, trust me) 

I put the picture of Percy and me, away and got ready to go for a jog. I loved the cool breeze, and the smell of the fresh air, which took my mind away from a lot of things. After some really good sweat, I returned home, to find a letter at the door, addressed to me. It read,

Dear Priscilla, 

Your GCSE results are out, and will be ready for collection on 29/1/2014. Please come down personally, to collect it. If unable to do so, the result slip will be mailed to you in a month. 

Regards,

Ministry of Education.

My heart skipped a beat. Yes yes yes. I was dying to go back to UK. I missed my friends awfully. I jumped up and down and ran in to give the letter to my parents. After much persuasion, they agreed to let me go, exactly for 2 days and 1 night. Well, it was better than nothing, so I jumped at their offer. I raced to my room to pack my bag. It was 25/1/2014, and my flight was booked for the 28th night. After throwing all my clothes into a bag, I grabbed my phone to text my friends. I went on the group chat and texted saying, "Guess who's coming over to collect her results?" and immediately everyone was typing.

"NO WAY"

"HOLY"

"ARE YOU OH MY" 

"I LOVE YOU PRIS"

"WE ALL DO"

I smiled, without even trying to. This was exactly why I loved them. They were the most loveable people ever, it was hard not to love them. I told them that I'll meet them at the school cafeteria, just like the old times on the 29th, and they agreed. I went to bed, feeling very excited. After a month, I was finally going to see my best friends!!! A small part of me was hoping to see Percy but deep inside I knew that he was never coming back. My feather light heart, instantly weighed a ton. How did this boy have the power to flip my whole mood up side down without even doing anything. I never did, and never will understand.