Chapter 8

That night, Percy tortured me in my dreams. Just his appearance was enough to send goosebumps down my spine. A few of my favourite moments replayed in my head in the form of a dream.

"Stop running Pris you know I'm going to catch you. You're so slow."

"Hahaha well try then, oh shit its a dead end."

"Hah, I knew I would catch you."

And then he cornered me, and I stood there not knowing where to run. I guess I didn't want to run, even if I had a choice. He stood there staring at me,there was something in between us definitely and he broke the silence with a, "Uh can I kiss you now?" which made me burst into giggles. What kind of idiot actually asks for permission? I laughed and nodded and he gave me a quick peck on my lips and started blushing. "You're my first kiss you know Pris?" "Yea you're mine too." I replied blushing effortlessly.

And the other moment when it was raining badly and Percy tried to fight the 'water devil' with my umbrella, only to end up breaking my umbrella. I had to walk back home in the pouring rain, in Winter. Oh that boy.

And that one time,when he put his arms around me for the first time ever, and I froze not knowing how to respond to a guy's touch. He was my first everything. My first hug, my first kiss, the first guy who held hands with me even when it was all sweaty and gross and my first love.

So many memories, bitter sweet ones too. It kept replaying in my head, which i tried to shut down but to no avail.

Finally, I jolted awake, beats of sweat trickling down my forehead. I didn't hate him. I actually loved him, I love him and maybe I always will.

What have I done. He made me sad but it was worth it. He made me feel like no one has ever had. Like I was special. I never once doubted his love, I never felt unloved. He always assured me, despite being a real pain, he gave me even much more contentment. What have I done? What have I given up?

I tossed and turn until it was time to get ready for school. I met up at the cafeteria with my friends all teary eyed. After moments of silence, I broke to them as I broke down myself. "I broke up with Percy. What have I done." I said, in the middle of sobs. They hugged me and consoled me, saying it'll get better but deep down we all knew that, that was just a lie. I apologised for neglecting them and not being there for them for the past few months. Even after all that, they were still there for me, and if that isn't amazing I don't know what is.

After school, I went to Soph's to get a project done but ended up sobbing mindlessly about Percy. Sophie was the best, she never scolded me for being stupid unlike my other friends. She was in love with a guy who never noticed her, so she always supported me, and stood by me no matter how stupid my actions were. I loved how she accepted me. Maybe that was what caused me to do the most ridiculous thing exactly one week since Percy and I broke up.

I called him. After a week of torture, I finally called him. Maybe he would take me back? No he definitely would.He loved me right? He had to take me back! He loves me!

*Phone ringing*

Percy's croaky voice startled me.

"Hello"

"Hi Percy. It's me - "

Even before I could finish, he hung up on me.

He hung up on me......