Chapter 10

My routine was mundane everyday and sometimes I wondered if i was living, or merely breathing. I cherished my family and friends who took time to console me every now and then. Life went on, up till one day when I saw Valentina continuously texting somebody. From the corner of my eye the picture looked like Percy. Nah it couldn't be.. I shrugged the thought off my mind. After all, Valentina was gorgeous and I was somewhat of a potato beside her. Soon Valentina started to distance herself from me. After a few weeks, Layla approached me with a very serious face.

"We need to talk, Pris."

" Yes Layla?"

"Erm.. You know Percy.. He is not what you think he is. Don't waste your time on him, he doesn't deserve it."

"What are you going on about Layla? I know Percy. You must have misunderstood something. Please leave."

"No Pris. He has been chatting with Val for a while now and he asked her out this weekend. He even made her promise not to tell anyone, but she told me. She doesn't know how to face you. Don't trust him, I can't bear to see you hurt. 

I smiled at her, grateful for the concern but it wasn't enough to stop my eyes from filling up with water. How dare Val. She knew how much I liked him. Couldn't she stay away from him. Well whats the point in that. If Percy was as great as I thought he was, he wouldn't have done such a thing. 

That very night, Percy called me. As soon as I answered the call, I started scolding Percy for being so indecent and choosing my friend out of all girls but he waited patiently for me to finish my lecture and asked me, "Do you still love me?"

Immediately, my heart softened. "Yes.. I do..", I whispered. "I've been thinking about getting back together. Do you want to, Pris?"

I started nodding my head, forgetting he was not beside me. "Yes",  I exclaimed. Percy said that he loved me before hanging up. 

I headed to bed with a beaming widely. He loved me. I knew it. I thought about us, but happily this time. I dozed off. The next morning, I reached for my phone to text Percy good morning only to see the biggest disappointment waiting for me in the form of a text.

It read,

  Hey Pris. I didn't know what I was thinking last night. How did I agree to this. This will not work out. Sorry. Good bye.

I collapsed onto the floor, crying my heart out. I didn't see that coming, no actually I did. I saw that coming. It was too good to be true. I should have known better. Why was I so gullible. I was an idiot. It made me want to give up on him even more. 'Yes I am officially over him', I said to myself.

I met up at the cafeteria with my friends on Monday morning. I glanced over at Val and felt a pang of jealousy looking at how perfect she was compared to me. Later that day Val approached me and told me that she didn't have anything to do with Percy and that he was the one who continuously approached her to talk. I nodded, with a slight smile and said, "Percy? Oh Percy. Well, I don't really care you know. I'm over him. You can date him if you want to." and surprisingly she bought it too.

The next few weeks went by in a flash, until 2 Fridays nights since the first time Percy called.

"Hey"

"What do you want Percy?"

"You."

"Go away. Stop hurting me. I know I hurt you terribly but you don't have to hurt me back too. It's okay if you don't want me anymore, but don't give me false hopes. I don't wish to live in this pretentious bubble any further."

"Do you still have feelings for me?"

"NO!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am."

"What if I said that I do?"

"Good for you then."

"This is the last time I'm going to ask you."

"No."

"I do though."

"I do too." I started sobbing.