Chapter19

I walked back to my Aunt's home after the dinner, half expecting to see Percy pop out of nowhere to surprise me like that one time he did. How foolish of me, to expect the weirdest things and then get sad about it not happening. The breeze was cool and it caressed my face as I was lost in my dreams. This neighbourhood held way too many memories. All the good times, and the bad times. I tried not to cry but it was really overwhelming. I have been through too much and I just wanted to let it all out. I cried the rest of the way home and went to my room to rest right after. No one was up. I checked the time and it was nearly 11 P.M. I washed up, set the alarm to 9 A.M. and set off to do my favourite thing in the world. Sleep.

I woke up before my alarm started ringing and was fairly surprised. Must be all that excitement, I thought to myself. This was my final day and I wanted to make full use of it. I jumped off my bed and headed straight to the shower, scrubbing myself with my favourite strawberry body scrub. I washed my hair with a light, honey flavoured shampoo and headed out of the shower feeling more confident than ever. I walked away to my luggage to pick an outfit for both the day and night out. I had a few outfit to pick from because, one can simply never be overdressed. After much consideration, I picked the baby pink halter top and acid washed blue high waisted shorts to go with my high top black converse shoes. It was a really warm day so that should be fine. I walked down to the bus stop to catch the bus to the mall to meet up with my group. To my surprise, I was the first one there. I was never early, ever so..

I waited for 10 mins before all of them showed up with wide smiles. I could never get enough of them. We walked around for a while, before deciding to go watch a movie. I got to pick the movie so that was great. After the movie, we went for a lunch which went by really quickly and soon it was time for me to leave and go out with Sophie. 

Sophie left before me, and I followed her soon after. She texted me to meet her outside the Pizza Hut down the corner of the street. I was there in about 5 minutes and Sophie was nowhere to be found. My phone buzzed.

"I am inside. Come on in, to table number 7! See you there."

I put my phone away and stepped inside the shop, slowly making my way to table 7. Sophie was nowhere to be found, but someone else was. His back was facing me. I recognised the familiar hairstyle. The way he sit. My eyes started to water. No this must be a dream. I pinched myself, almost nearing table 7. And it was him. It was Percy Arington. The love of my life. Sitting right there, waiting for me, with a flower in his hand.