Chapter 20 - Happily ever after?

My phone buzzed and I looked at it immediately. It was from Sophie.

"I know you very well Pris. More so than anyone. I can still see the hurt in your eye when someone brings up his name. You deserve happiness and I hope meeting him at least once before you leave makes you happy. Time will heal everything but we don't have time and I don't want you to be filled with regrets. Any ways I picked out the rose, hope you like it ;) "

I smiled. Oh I love that girl. I cleared my throat as I sat down opposite him. Percy looked up at me, longingly. I smiled and he smiled back. There was that usual familiarity. The feeling of coming home. Even when you've been away for months or years home always felt like home when you came back. He stared at me for a long time, not breaking his gaze, and suddenly he winked at me. I couldn't control my laughter. He laughed along with me too. We ordered our usual and started talking about life. He asked me how I was and how Australia was. I replied him and asked him about his life. The conversation flowed effortlessly.It didn't matter how many years or months had gone by, I can and will always talk to this guy like it was yesterday. The pizza arrived soon after and we ate the pizza, still talking about life. Neither me, nor him brought out the tension between us or how we were actually supposed to be at that time. There were so many unresolved issues going on and here we both were, acting like the best of friends, ignoring the fact that all this was going to come to an end soon enough. I paid the bill and we decided to go for a walk before heading back home. 

On our way, we spotted a quiet park, which we used to hang out at, and made our way to it. We sat down on a bench well hidden by trees and a big lake. Percy started telling me about his family problems, and I told him about mine. I told him all about Samuel and asked him if he is in love with anyone right now. He nodded, stopping there. I decided not to push it. We talked about seasons, and chips flavours. About the stars and planets. It felt like the good old days.

"So I don't want to do this but I have to, its nearly 10 P.M. I have to leave Percy. My flight is at 2 A.M. and I have to pack up now to leave to the airport. It was great meeting up with you. I am glad that we have overcome the tension between us. I hope we can be great friends," I said, trying to stand up. He was in my way.

"Yes," was all he said, staring at me. I don't know what happened at that moment. Maybe it was the way the planets were lined. Maybe it was the magnetic field of the earth. Maybe it was our vibes getting along. Maybe I was just plain stupid, but I leaned in and kissed a guy first, for the very first time in my life ever. And he kissed me back too. I broke free precisely 2 seconds later, and burst out crying. Percy hugged me tight.

 "I am sorry, I shouldn't have done that. What was I thinking. You are in love with someone. Who am I to barge in here like nothing ever happened. I hope that neither one of us will remember anything tomorrow. And that our lives would go on. I am sorry. Good bye Percy."

Percy loosened his grip and I broke free, running away from him not even looking back. I ran all the way home, my make up smudged all over my face. I made my way to my room and packed my things swiftly and washed up. I wore a green pullover with some comfortable white jeans and left the home. My uncle offered to drive me to the airport but I knew how he had to wake up early for his job so I took the cab instead. 

Upon reaching the airport, I got my boarding pass and was seated at the waiting area. What a turn of events. Why did things have to end up so bad, just when I finally feel happy enough. Am I that unlucky? I felt like slapping myself. My phone was buzzing with texts from my friends who couldn't make it to send me off that late. I replied to each and every one of their  "have a safe flight" and "Love you"s. I looked up straight at the figure who was staring at me from a few metres away.

My heart did a somersault. It was Percy. Again.

He ran to me breathless and teary eyed.

"Pris. I never wanted to meet you out of fear, but I did today after so long, and I realised that if there was one person I wanted to spend my life with, it would be you. I am so glad that I met you. I had everything but never had complete happiness but tonight I did. You are my happiness. I took advantage of your love, and I am terribly sorry about that, but I love you. So much. You're going away forever now and I don't want to lose you forever. Will you be my girlfriend? We will make this work please Pris, say yes."

I nodded and jumped onto him, not letting go. He hugged me back, so tightly I could feel my bones crushing but I didn't care. He smiled cheekily at me and said, "Oh any way, earlier on I said that I am in love with someone. It was you, is you and will always be you." 

I beamed kissing him. He bumped his head softly onto mine and I couldn't help smiling. Now that I finally had him, I had to leave. I felt a tinge of sadness. God why was this happening to me. But despite feeling sad, I felt insanely happy that we found our ways back. That we were meant to be. I waved good bye heavy heartedly and walked into the departure hall.