Chapter 13

The rest of my day was spent doing Maths, trying to distract myself from the ghost of Percy, which haunted me day and night. I went back home at night to see my parents sitting around the dining table, with wide smiles. "Wash up and come for dinner, I cooked everything you like. Thats the least I can do for someone who studies so hard all day and night," said Mom. I smiled and proceeded to wash my self up for dinner. Rachel and Helena were waiting for me in my room when I returned to the room after dinner. As usual, I told them about running into Percy at the cafe.

"What? He is a jerk! He didn't even smile back at you after breaking your heart? How dare he?," said Helena. Rachel just gave me a sympathetic smile. She wasn't the best at consoling people, but she was always there to listen, and for that, I was grateful. Helena cuddled up next to me, like she always does and we decided to watch movies to take my mind off Percy, but all it did was bring memories back.

"Oooh lets watch The Vow!" exclaimed Rachel. Helena nodded in agreement. Not wanting to disappoint them, I agreed but unpleasant memories started haunting me.

"Percy, I cannot watch a movie now! Which part of I have to be back home by 7 Pm don't you understand. Its already 4!" I exclaimed.

"Its not like its 6. Take a chill pill. Battleship's showing at 4.30. It'll be over by 6.30 and you can be home by 7. Okay?" 

"What about The Vow? It's showing at 4.10. Why not go for that instead?" I said, trying to hide the fact that I wanted to watch it. It didn't feel right dragging Percy to watch sappy romantic movies, when he was all about the action life. I didn't mind action too, so I always let him pick the movies on our dates. Both of us loved horror movies, and ended up watching it 90% of the time so it was fine by me when Percy picked the movies. He always gives me the choice to pick though, but I just never do.

We ended up going to watch Battleship, which was by far, the worst movie I've ever watched.

I returned back to reality and watched bits and pieces of the movie, and it was finally time to head to bed after a long tiring day. I was really thankful for having the greatest sisters on earth. I considered myself lucky, as I dozed off. 

Sunday went by in a flash, and before I knew it, it was Monday. There was exactly 30 days to the start of my national examinations. I gave my phone away to my Mom to stop myself from getting distracted and I barely remember what I did for the next 30 days but I will never forget the amount of stress and pressure that weighed down on me. 

October came too. I had managed to go for a long time without Percy. Time was definitely healing my wounds. I sat for my first examination- Chemistry. After the exam, I headed home straight to revise for Physics the next day. I knew that its been ages since I hung out with my friends but I had to study now. Just 10 more days, I thought to myself. I can surely get through this. And then Mathematics exam followed the English exam which was right after Physics. Lastly I had to do my Literature and Economics examination, which marked the end of my secondary school life and all the stress that has been weighing down on me for more than a year. 

I was finally free! I could do whatever I wanted to, and go wherever I wanted to. There were 3 more months till results. This was going to be the best time of my life!

My parents grew to be more understanding, and let me have my freedom since I was done with my major examinations. On the very last night of national exams, Valentina was having a party and all of us were invited. Duh! I ran back home from the bus stop, freedom never smelled this good. I picked out an outfit for the party at night and went to soak in my bathtub, to just let loose and relax after everything that I've been through. I was proud of myself, and proud that I managed to pull through and make it. 

I washed up and put some pink lipstick and powder on. My hair was having its good day, and my curls were perfect that I didn't have to worry about doing anything. I tied half my hair up and got into my cute sea blue cocktail dress. I swapped some blue eyeshadow to match my dress and took a second glance at the mirror. I have changed. I don't look the same anymore. I don't dress the same anymore. Well, I had to admit that I haven't dressed up since my first ever official date with Percy. I giggled out of nowhere, at the thought of going on dates with my school uniform. Well, here, you're looking at the girl who spent 6 months of her life going on dates with school uniform. With that, I left the house. 

It was a short bus ride to Val's house and I met up with Sophie who lived a few streets away. She looked stunning in her pink midi length bodycon dress. Her hair was tied up and she was wearing some light makeup. 

"Wow Pris! You look amazing. I forgot how you looked underneath all that mess and stress," Sophie giggled.

I hit her arm playfully and told her how great she looked too. 

We finally arrived at Val's and it was full of people I had never met before, mostly her friends from her previous Secondary school. I noticed someone staring intently at me from the corner of my eyes. He was really tall, and muscular and had jet black hair. He went wherever I went and avoided eye contact with me whenever I looked back up, at him. 

Hmm.. Who is this guy? I thought to myself.

------------------------------------------------------

Cheers to my longest ever chapter! Haha, hope you're enjoying the read so far. I don't have to time to read through, and edit my work just yet so pardon me if there are mistakes in my story. I will be doing it once I finish the book. Please vote/share/comment if you like it :) 

-Ria