The Letter Lost Beneath The Waves

Dear Kit,

Tonight, I'm going out on--what is undeniably--a suicide mission. I've tried as much as I can to tell the Lieutenant that it's pointless to try and blow up a camp of very well trained European soldiers, but he screamed at me that I'm "not in charge", and that he'd "put a bullet through my head if I stick another toe out of line".

Bullshit.

Things aren't looking good, but I made a promise, didn't I? Come home. I plan on keeping that promise Kit, I really do.

But what you need to know is, that life gives us hard choices sometimes. Life isn't built for promises to work out. Here I am, about to head out on a mission impossible, and I'm finally coming to the conclusion that keeping your promise is going to be a lot harder for me to keep tonight.

Fear is eating up our entire army. I don't know what to do anymore. They won't listen to me. They're only listening to themselves. I wish you were here. You would know what to do. You always know what to do.

I'm sorry Kit. This doesn't make any sense anymore. And yes, this letter is complete and utter garbage. Maybe I've gone insane. Maybe everything has finally caught up on me. I sound demented, I know, but I'm just doing what is right. Cam needs help. I'm sure you two will grow together if I don't make it back.

I think its safe to say that you and I have had our time. Of course, it wasn't enough, and I apologise on my behalf for that. I was the one who left after all.

But if I do somehow make it out of this alive, please wait for me.

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry

And I