Chapter 14: The Bonds We Share

"Alex. Alex. Wake up!" I heard a voice say to me as I was shaken awake. 

"W-who is it? What do you want?" I said, opening my eyes.

"It's me, Beni. You like, fainted for almost an hour," she said, exasperated.

"Why, what happened to me?" I asked.

"Alex, the videos?" Beni reminded, raising an eyebrow.

Oh, right. It wasn't all just a dream. All of it was real. I was a monster, destined to come back and join my sister...and whom I know now is my father, Vilius. The one the Tenkai Knights and I had been fighting all along. My expression immediately dulled as I sighed. "I don't know what to do, Beni."

"Aw, my poor little Alex. Here, why don't we spend time together, just the two of us. We need to make up for the total loss of sister time that we both desire," she said.

"Alright..." I mumbled. I had nothing better to do. I made up my mind to never return to the good side because of all my sins. It's not that I didn't want to, it's just that I couldn't. I felt a pain in my heart as I remembered that giving up fighting for the good guys would also mean losing my friendship with Guren, Ceylan, Toxsa, and Chooki. 

"Follow me, dear sister," Beni called, heading out of the dungeon cell.

I got up slowly and followed her. The depression never left me. I trudged behind her and forced myself to smile a little, but it was nearly close to impossible. 

"We're going back to Earth, come on sis," Beni said.

"Please take me to a place away from my friends," I said with my throat tightening.

"Ex-friends, you mean. And of course, dear sister," she replied. I sighed. The 'dear sister' thing was getting on my nerves.

We stepped through the portal and ended up back on Earth. Beni suggested that we grab some lunch, ride our bikes around town, and then go shopping. I just nodded, doing whatever I was told. I kept thinking to myself, It's best if I don't go back to them. When they find out the truth about me, they'll never forgive me again. 

Beni grabbed my arm, pulling me out of my thoughts, and she dragged me towards a restaurant. Nostalgia filled my mind as I remembered when I first became friends with Toxsa at a restaurant. I closed my eyes tightly, trying not to cry. 

The two of us sat down at a table and ordered sandwiches plus a soda. I ate sluggishly without saying a word when Beni spoke up. "What's wrong sweetie?"

"Beni..you don't hate me, do you?" I asked, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"No, of course I don't. You're my sister, my family. I would never hate you," she responded, sipping her drink.

"Thanks," I whispered. 

She looked at my gloomy expression and tilted her head. "Alex, are you worried about those boys?"

I didn't answer. I just looked down at my half-eaten sandwich.

"Don't worry about them, sis. They're just a bunch of idiots. Come on, cheer up. I promise I'll always love you. Listen, I know about your past, and I still like you, don't I? If they find out about this...who knows?" 

I shut my eyes and dug my fingernails into the palms of my hands. Beni just continued eating her sandwich and finished her drink. "You gonna eat that?" she asked, looking at my unfinished lunch. I shook my head. She took my sandwich and finished it off. Then she paid for our meal and pulled me out of there. I continued to sulk as I walked out with her.

********************************************

Guren, Toxsa, Chooki, and Ceylan were all hanging out at the park together. They all had worried expressions plastered on their faces.