Chapter 20: Transformation

"I doubt you're going to like what I'm about to tell you," Venetta said, releasing a breath mixed with relief and annoyance.

"I don't care, Beni. Now tell me, or else," Bravenwolf warned, threatening her with full menace. The other Tenkai Knights, along with Sylvia and Dromus, had stopped fighting to see what would happen next. Meanwhile, Vilius's and Beag's army clashed, continuing their battle as Vilius stood in front of the fortress, trying to figure something out.

"Fine," Venetta breathed out, looking slightly uncomfortable. "Ugh, I can't believe those dimwits are listening too. You better pay me back well, Guren."

"Just shut up and say it already," Bravenwolf pressed on, growing impatient.

"Wow Guren, I've never seen you serious before~ You must really care about my sister," Venetta edged on, wielding a sinister smirk behind her armor.

"Beni," Bravenwolf hissed, "Remember where you stand."

"Oooh, scary," Venetta said apathetically. Bravenwolf gave her an angry stare, and she let out a sigh. "Okay, here I go, but remember I warned you."

The Knights plus Dromus and Sylvia waited patiently, forgetting about the battle and circling around Bravenwolf and Venetta.

"When we had taken her prisoner," Venetta began, "I showed her what she used to be. I think you'll find that the way she is now is the way she's been since forever. Didn't you idiots ever wonder where her real parents might be?"

"What?" Bravenwolf asked slowly.

From where I was standing, I could barely make out what my sister was saying, but for some reason, my heart was pounding in my chest. A little voice in my head kept yelling 'No, no, no! Don't let them know!' but I had no idea why. Did I have something to hide or...?

"I'm sure you won't believe me if I just tell you, but I don't have time to show you what I showed her. I've known her since she was a baby, obviously, and she was the worst of the worst. She always caused trouble, she hurt so many people, and wanna know something? She was the reason behind the war a few years ago," Venetta continued. She was amused at their reactions, and decided to go on. "The only reason she was 'good' when you met her was because we erased her memories of the past and sent her to Earth, where she was raised by whoever she's living with now. That woman is very kind, I'm assuming, which is what brought upon that kind nature of hers that you knew and loved."

"I didn't ask for lies, Beni," Bravenwolf hissed, trying to keep a strong voice, but the shakiness in it was evident.

"I'm just telling you what I know," Venetta replied nonchalantly, shrugging. "Whether you believe it or not is your choice."

"Okay..." Bravenwolf said, his voice so low only Venetta could hear it, "Fine then, if all what you said was true, how'd she turn evil?! I doubt just a simple story would make her become like that!"

"I knew you'd ask," Venetta said smoothly, taking a step back. "Well, basically, this is the part you won't like, and I am a vital part of my father's plan, so I'm afraid I can't tell you."

"Quit playing games with me!" Bravenwolf yelled, infuriated. "Tell me everything, or else I won't hesitate to-"

"Calm down, dude," Tributon said, the tone in his voice sounding sad. His eyes were downcast, staring at the rough terrain beneath their feet.

Bravenwolf turned to his best friend for a split second, before turning back to Venetta.

"Don't you dare hurt me, Guren. But I did this for her own good," Venetta said in a low voice.