Chapter 8: Tenkai Unity

The next day, I got up early for once. I got ready and everything, and headed off to school two hours beforehand. I tried taking a different route this time, just because I felt like trying something new. Today, I was going to have to step out of my comfort zone. I would have to be loud and proud, as Amber would say, and bring the boys together. Speaking of Amber, I haven't seen her in forever. She's been really busy for the past few days. But I didn't mind too much. I was dying to talk to her, about all my new friends and how I secretly had a crush on all four of them. But you know what they say: Patience is the key.

I started walking straight, until I reached a diner. It was still kind of dark out, because it was so early in the morning. My stomach started grumbling. I was so hungry. I decided to walk in and have some breakfast. I pushed open the door and was greeted by a tall and pretty girl with green hair. 

"How can I help you today?" she asked me, kindly. 

"Oh, um, I just came in for some breakfast," I said, smiling shyly. 

"Oh, well how about you try our new bacon?" 

"Oh, I'd love to, but I'm um vegetarian."

"Oh I see. Okay. Here, you'll love our blueberry banana pancakes. They're my little brother's favorite." 

"Okay, I'd love to try some! Thank you so much um-"

"Wakamei. My name is Wakamei. Nice to meet you!" 

"Oh, hi Wakamei! Nice to meet you too!"

She walked over to the kitchen and started preparing the pancakes. 

"So, what's your name?" she asked me. She flipped up the pancake and caught it perfectly on the spatula. 

"Oh, my name is Alexandra, but everyone calls me Alex," I replied.

Suddenly, Wakamei dropped the spatula. I paused in confusion, wondering what happened. 

"Wait, did you just say Alex?!" she yelled.

"Um, yes..?" I was still confused. 

She walked over to me and started examining me. I sat there, trying to look normal without freaking out too much. 

"Is there, um, something wrong?" I asked.

"Oh, no sorry, one second. The pancakes!" She ran over to them and finished making them. She coated them perfectly in maple syrup, and brought them over to me. I took the plate, and began cutting the pancake and eating. 

"So you're Alex, huh," she said, smirking.

"Yeah..." I replied.

"You are so adorable! So hey, tell me a little about yourself." 

I gulped down the last bite I ate and wiped my mouth. "Oh, I love animals, a lot. And I like drawing sometimes. I also enjoy going to the park and playing sports. And I like guys who make me laugh. And I absolutely love playing video games.. haha that's kind of a secret. I never told that to anyone. I really like DoomSploder and all these other games that you've probably never heard abou-" 

"You're perfect!" she interrupted. 

My face turned red. "Perfect? For what?"

"Oh um, never mind. And trust me, I know a lot about those video games. So, go on." 

"Oh, that's about it. Sorry, I'm not usually a morning person so I can't really get my thoughts straight." 

Wakamei looked super happy. 

"Hey, what's going on? Do I remind you of someone or something?" I still didn't know why she was so happy.

Just then, I heard someone's voice.