Chapter 5: The Flashback

We all started heading back towards the shop. We had just reached the door when suddenly, a girl with pink hair showed up out of nowhere. Ceylan and I froze and jumped back in shock. The pink girl started smiling and giggling a little. 

"Haha, did I scare ya?" she said, with a smirk on her face. "My name is Beni, nice to meet you guys."

Beni was a pretty girl, with long pink hair that was split in the back. She had turquoise eyes, the exact same ones as me. She wore a small green neckerchief, a black t-shirt with red suspenders, and a dark red headband. She wore purpleish-colored shorts with a white belt and boots. 

Suddenly, I felt dizzy. I fell l to the ground in pain, and was unconscious. 

"Alex! Alex! What's wrong? Are you okay?" I felt Ceylan and Guren put their arms under me and lift my head up slightly. I rested my head on their laps. And that was the last thing I remembered before I entered into the world of my thoughts. 

"Wake up! Wake up! You're gonna be late!" I heard a familiar voice say. 

I slowly opened my eyes. 

"Come on sis, we're gonna be late for school!" A girl that looked older than me kept tugging at my pajamas. 

"Okay okay I'm getting up!" I laughed and pushed the covers off. I got out of bed and ran downstairs, holding my sister's hand. 

When I got downstairs, I heard my father talking to someone. I tried to listen to the conversation, but it wasn't easy with the thick walls. I was trying harder to listen when suddenly, my heart stopped. I saw my father look at me, and I saw something in his eyes that wasn't right. They looked horrifying, like his eyes were going to pierce my soul. I screamed so loud that I nearly woke up the whole town. My father didn't even care. He just sat there, talking to a man about his work. Tears sprung to my eyes. 

"I-I-I'm scared..." I said, to my sister, looking at her. 

"You're going to be okay, Alex," she told me, soothing me with her kind voice and rubbing my head. 

I told her about what I just saw, and she was worried for me. 

"I'll go talk to him," she said, smiling.

"No! It's too dangerous! What if something is wrong with him?" I yelled, reaching out for her hand.

But it was too late. She walked up to my father and tapped him on the shoulder. I tried to watch what was happening. The conversation started off normally. I felt relieved, until I heard the bloodcurdling shriek of my sister. I froze. My heart froze. Everything froze. I felt like my entire world was gone. My sister and my father looked at me with an evil smile. They came reaching for me, until I saw a bright light and everything disappeared in a flash. 

"Alex, Alex, are you okay?" I heard someone sob. 

I slowly opened one of my eyes and saw Guren's beautiful purple eyes. I slowly rose my head off his lap, and sat up straight. 

"Ow!" I shrieked, grasping my head. The pain was terrible. 

"Alex, woah hold on! He reached out and held me close to him, slowly stroking my head. I felt so much better, and the pain slowly died out. I closed my eyes again, resting my head on his chest. 

"Where's Ceylan?" I asked. 

"He went to go get some water for you," Guren replied. He had a worried look on his face. "Alex, what happened? You were out for a while. Something wrong?" He rested his chin on my head and closed his eyes too. 

"It was really scary, I don't want to talk about it right now, I'm too afraid," I said, shuddering. 

Guren was so understanding and sweet. I loved that about him. 

"It's okay, if it makes you uncomfortable you don't have to tell me," he said, holding me in his arms. 

It felt really nice to be around Guren. He understood everything and he made me feel so much better. I felt like a bundle of joy whenever I was with him. 

I almost fell asleep in his arms when Ceylan came running. 

"Hey, Alex, you're awake! You okay? I got you some water," he said, smiling. I sensed a hint of jealousy in his voice. I think it was because I was practically cuddling with Guren. 

I brushed myself off, took the water bottle, and drank it. 

"Thanks Ceylan, you're the best," I hugged him. 

"Okay guys, since we are all good to go now, maybe we should go into the shop and find out what happened," Guren said, quickly. Now I heard the jealousy in his voice too. I giggled a little.

"What's so funny?" he asked. 

"Nothing, let's go. Hey what happened to Beni?" I asked.

"After you passed out, she just disappeared... and hey did you know that you two have the same eye color?" Ceylan replied. 

"Yeah, strange..." I lost myself in deep thought. I couldn't stop thinking about the dream or vision or whatever I just had. 

"Well, we better get going, before it gets too late," Guren said. 

"Yeah, let's go find out what these things are made of," I said, trying to make myself forget what just happened in that dream/vision/whatever. 

And with that said, the three of us pushed open the door and entered the shop, hoping to shed a little light on the mystery of these bricks.