Chapter 3: A Night with Guren

After Ceylan left, I ended up alone with Guren by my side. 

"Just you and me I guess," Guren said, blushing. 

"Yeah," I said, staring into his eyes. I quickly snapped out of it and looked away. My face turned pink. 

"Hey, uh, want to go watch the stars together?" he asked me.

My heart started racing. I gave him a little nod. I walked only a few inches away from him, and we were so close to each other. Earlier when I was with him and Ceylan, I didn't feel this way, maybe because of all the excitement and chaos. But now I did feel this way, and I enjoyed the way my heart felt. 

I inched closer and closer to him, wanting to feel how it is to be loved by a boy in this way. I caught a glimpse of his hand reaching for mine, and with no self-doubt I grabbed it and held it tight. I loved how his hand felt so warm and my heart kept beating faster and faster. I leaned my head against his chest and closed my eyes. He held onto me and rested his head on top of mine. I felt so comfortable near him. We sat there together, enjoying each other's presence. I slowly lifted my head, and saw his beautiful eyes looking into mine. 

"Guren..." I began. I looked down in embarrassment, blushing as red as a tomato. He lifted my chin up and I realized we were touching noses. I saw his lips get closer and closer to mine when suddenly- BEEP! Guren's watch had gone off. 

"What was that?" I asked, still recovering from the mini heart attack. 

"Oh great, that's my reminder telling me that I need to go home for dinner," Guren said, with a sad look on his face. 

"Oh, well I better get going too..." I said back. My heart was beating so fast. I got up, and went close to him. 

"I had a really good time today. Thanks for showing me around," Guren said, smiling. 

I blushed and giggled, and before I could stop myself, I kissed his cheek. 

Guren's face turned as red as a fire truck. He backed away slowly, and then ran towards me again giving me a hug. I hugged him back.

"You're my best friend Guren," I said to him. I loved how I felt tonight, but I didn't think I was ready to love in that way just yet. I mean, what if I did something wrong? Then our friendship would be ruined. And anyway, I liked Ceylan too... 

"Yeah, best friends," he said. "But maybe we can be more," he mumbled. 

I didn't hear the last sentence he said.

"Well, it's getting late. We better go. Want to hang out again tomorrow?" I asked.

"I'd love that," he said, smiling his adorable little smile. 

We both said our goodbyes and headed off back to our homes. My dog was waiting for me at my door. I picked him up and carried him up to my room. I put my brick next to my bed and pulled my covers over my head. I thought about what happened tonight. I smiled and closed my eyes. What a night that was.