Chapter 11: Escaping the Nightmare

I stared at the clock during history class. Just 5 more minutes until this talk about the Mongol Empire was over. History was so boring! I didn't get why we had to learn all this. I took out my notebook from my backpack and flipped it to the next blank page. I began doodling and writing random stuff to make it seem like I was taking notes. I took my pencil and started drawing random lines. I wasn't trying to make a picture, but my end results scared me. I had somehow drawn that creepy figure that was in Toxsa's room this morning. I shuddered. The ring of the bell disrupted my thoughts. As I was packing up, I didn't notice that a little black glow was circling my teacher. I put my bag over my shoulders and then the teacher walked up to me.

"Alexandra, I need to talk to you," she said, with a stern look on her face.

The whole class started talking at once.

"Alex in trouble? No way," one kid said.

"What do you think she did?" another kid said.

"Class, please leave, now!" the teacher yelled.

Everyone had a scared look on their face and exited as quickly as possible.

"Hey Alex, I'll meet you outside," Ceylan said.

"What did you do?" Guren whispered into my ear before walking out.

I shrugged and turned to face my teacher.

"What's wrong m'am?" I asked.

"Well," she said, walking to her desk with her hands behind her back. "I don't think you're doing well in this class."

She hovered her hand over the pencils that were placed in a cup on her desk.

"What? But I have an A in this class! I don't enjoy history but I do well, don't I?" I asked, confused.

"Well not good enough!" She yelled. She threw a handful of sharp, pointy pencils at me. I ducked just in time.

"Hey, what are you doing?!" I shrieked, putting my hands on top of my head.

"You need to study more!" She started throwing the textbooks.

I did my best to dodge all of them. But then one hit me surprisingly and I fell to the ground. I was out for like 5 minutes, which gave her the opportunity to tie me up.

I opened my eyes and realized what a bad situation I was in. I struggled to get loose, but the ropes were too tight. My face was all scratched up and my hair was a mess.

"What do you want from me?" I said, stuttering.

Meanwhile....

"Hey, Alex has been in there for a while," Guren said.

"What do you think happened? No way our Alex got in trouble! She's like an angel!" Ceylan replied.

"She's been in there too long, I have a bad feeling about this."

"Okay that's it, let's go check on her!"

They slowly pushed open the door and peeked inside. The teacher was holding up a ruler to my throat and threatened to eliminate me if I didn't join the 'dark side.' I had no idea what she was talking about.

"Hey, what's going on in here?" Ceylan yelled.

"Ceylan! Help!" I cried.

They both ran over to me. Guren came to help me while Ceylan pushed the teacher away.

"What are you doing?!" Ceylan yelled at the teacher. "Are you trying to kill her! What did she ever do to you?"

Guren started to untie me.