Chapter 42: Misha's P.O.V

Today is Grace's dad's funeral. I'm looking through my closet, trying to decide what to wear. I eventually pick a white dress shirt and a black tie, with a pair of black pants.
It's around noon, so I have to leave in an hour. In the meantime, I decide to watch some television.

The funeral is going to be sad, and Grace will cry, which will make me cry.
It's about time to leave, so I grab my car keys and head out the door.
I stop by Grace's house so the three of us can go to the funeral together.
I knock on the door and Grace answers. She's wearing a black dress that fits her well.

"Hey Gracie." I say, hugging her.

She doesn't reply, just looks up at me and forces a smile. I know how sad she must be.
Her mom sits in the back seat, while Grace gets in the passenger side.
The drive to the funeral home is just ten minutes away.
As I pull in the driveway, I see a group of people, probably waiting for us.
Once we get out of the car, Grace goes to hug her family members. I just stand back awkwardly and wave.
All of us walk up a small hill and into the cemetery. Somebody walks us to Mr. Howell's gravestone.
The man starts reading verses from the bible and having family members say things about Mr.Howell. It's Grace's turn to say something.
I squeeze her hand to make sure she's alright.
"Well, my dad was a great person. I love him and miss him so much." Grace says, crying a little bit harder.
I kiss her forehead and give her a hug.

About forty minutes later, we are driving back to Grace's house.

"I'm gonna take a nap." Grace says, her face red from crying.

"Alright sweetie. I love you." I reply.

"I love you too Misha."