Chapter 1

7 months later...

Andi

"Come on, Dre. Come with us, it will be good for you. Come to the city and attend the gala with us," Ally said. "It's for a good cause."

"Ally..."

"Look if you're worried about bumping into Faith's dad, I assure you. It's highly unlikely. And you know, I don't get why you won't just tell me his name."

I chuckled. I didn't need to see Ally to know that she was pouting.

"I already told you... He's not important. He's not a part of our lives."

"Then it wouldn't be a problem if you attend. Come on, Dre. Please? This is the first time I'm going to go out after giving birth to Jamie."

I smiled. "Okay fine. I'll go."

She squeaked. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! Adam's mom volunteered to watch the kids, so everything is all set," she said.

"Okay."

"Come a couple days early so we can go shopping."

"Okay. I'll be there on Wednesday."

"Great. I gotta go. Jamie just woke up from her nap."

"Alright. Kiss the baby bear for me, and say hi to Adam for me. Oh and Faith says hi too!"

"Alright will do. See you soon. Love you guys!" She said, before ending the call.

"Mommy are we going to Aunt Ally and Uncle Adam's house?" Faith asked.

I smiled. "Yes. Mommy is going to attend a gala with Aunt Ally and Uncle Adam. Adam's mom, Linda is going to watch you and Jamie, so can you promise mommy that you'll be good?"

"Yes mommy. Nana Linda always baked with me."

"You mean bakes," I corrected with a chuckle.

"Uhuh. I can't wait to bake again, mommy."

I smiled and kissed the tip of her nose.

She wrinkled her nose as she giggled.

"That tickles mommy."

I laughed. "You want to help mommy feed the chickens before we cook some lunch?" I asked.

"Okay," she said.

"Mommy, can I get a puppy?" She suddenly asked.

"We'll see," I said with a smile, as I brush her hair away from her face. She's been asking me for a puppy for the past few months now, ever since we moved here at L'Amore.  I told her that having puppy is a big responsibility, and she has been showing me lately that she's a 'big girl' now and that she can take good care of the puppy.

She found an old dog leash, and has been dragging it around with her, pretending that it was attached to a puppy.  I remember the big smile and the chuckle that escaped my mouth, when I first saw her doing it.  I asked her what she was doing, and she said, "I'm practicing to be rensible. Look, mommy. I got the puppy on this," she said pointing to the leash. I chuckled at her cuteness and how she said rensible instead of responsible. Faith also never fails to impress me with her creative imagination. She's really smart for her age.

What she doesn't know is I'm already planning on getting her a puppy, on her 5th birthday.

But as we were walking towards the chicken barn, nothing could have prepared me to what she said next...

"Maybe when my daddy comes, he can get me a puppy," she said as she skipped the rest of the way to the chickens.

I stopped on my tracks, and stood there frozen in place, with my mouth agape.