Chapter 29

One week later...

Andi

"Mommy, when is daddy coming home?" Faith asked, while I was putting her to bed.

"Daddy will be home as soon as he can," I said.

"Mommy when can I see daddy?" She asked.

"Sweet face, we talked about this. You shouldn't be in the hospital. You..." I trailed off when I saw Faith's lip starting to tremble.

"But mommy, I know daddy wants to hear my voice. He can get all better, if he hears my voice," she started to sob. "He gots to know I love him, mommy. He gots to hear it."

"Oh honey, come here," I said, as I wrap my arms around her.

The truth is, I didn't think it was a good idea for Faith to see Ethan in his condition. Ethan was severely beaten and badly bruised. I don't want Faith to be traumatized or see her daddy in that state.

"Mommy, please. I'll be the bestest girl. I just want to see daddy," she sobbed.

"Shhh..."

"Please, mommy?" She begged. "He gots to hear we love him."

I sighed as I tried to fight back my own tears.

My mind was saying no, but my heart was screaming yes. Faith was right, Ethan would be happy to hear Faith's voice. It may give Ethan more reason to fight.

"Please mommy," she begged again.

I gave her a small smile and nodded. "We'll go see him tomorrow," I finally said.

Faith hugged me tightly in return. "Daddy's going to be all better. You'll see mommy," she said.

"Yes he will get better, baby."

Once Faith has fallen asleep, I headed back to the hospital to be with Ethan.

"Any changes?" I asked Jason.

He shook his head.

I nodded and forced out a smile. "He just needs more time," I said, as I settled in the chair next to Ethan.

"Hey, Ands..."

"Yeah?"

"Thanks," he said.

I frowned in confusion. "For what?"

"For making my brother happy."

I was shocked at his words. "Happy? How? I... I don't..."

"Every second he got to spend with you and Faith, was the happiest seconds of his life."

My lips trembled and tears immediately welled up in my eyes.

"You can't know that. All I ever did was push him away."

Jason nodded. "Yeah, but he still got to be with you. He told me himself."

I looked back at Ethan with awe.

"He never thought he would ever get a chance to be with you again, finding out about Faith, was I guess, destiny's plan to bring you two back together."