Chapter 15

Andi

"Do you want some milk or orange juice, sweet face?" I asked Faith as she settled down on her chair.

I had to smile at the look of happiness written all over Faith's face.

"Orange juice, please," she said sweetly.

I poured her some juice in her cup and placed it in front of her.

"There you go, baby."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome sweet face," I said. I turned towards Ethan and asked, "Coffee?"

He nodded. "Yes, please. Thanks."

I poured him a cup of coffee, no milk, one sugar.

"You remember," he muttered.

How can I forget? I thought to myself.

I ignored his comment, and handed him his coffee.

"Mommy, can we live with daddy now?" Faith suddenly asked, just as I was taking a sip from my orange juice, causing me to choke on my juice.

"Are you okay?" Ethan asked, as he handed me some tissue while he rubbed my back.

"I'm fine," I said, coughing.

"Faith..." I trailed off, once I stopped coughing.

"Faith, we talked about this," Ethan said.

I looked at him in question.

"Mommy and I still have to talk about a lot of things, okay?"

Faith nodded her head. "Okay."

I had to clench my teeth to stop myself from bursting in anger.

What nonsense and empty promises have Ethan been telling Faith?

How dare he?

"Mommy, can daddy come take me to school today?" Faith asked.

I looked at Faith's hopeful face and I didn't have the heart to say no. "Sure, baby."

"Yay!"

I smiled.

"You want some eggs too, baby?"

She shook her head.

The rest of our morning was busy. After eating breakfast, I quickly got Faith ready for school with Ethan's help. It was new to have someone else there. I've gotten used to being the only one Faith needs. It was amusing to see them together, specially when Ethan was trying to pick out her clothes. Faith would scrunch her nose at her dad's selection, and I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped me.

Ethan turned to me for help, and I laughed.

After a few more tries, Ethan finally got it right.