Chapter 11

Ethan

"I'm the reason my parents are dead! I caused their accident!" I finally blurted out.

The look on Andi's face was one of shock and confusion.

"What are you talking about? They died in a car accident. It wasn't your fault."

"They were driving that night, in the rain because of me."

"I don't understand."

"I told my parents that I was going to be at a friend's house to work on a project, when I was actually at a..." I hesitated before continuing.

"A what?" She asked.

I swallowed and cleared my throat. Shame and guilt consuming me. "I was at a girlfriend's house. Her parent's were supposed to be away, and we were... We wanted to fool around a little."

"At fourteen?" She asked incredulously.

"She was older... but it wasn't like that we weren't going to do it. We were just going to fool around."

Andi's snorted, clearly not believing me. "How much older was she?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes at me.

I hesitated before answering, but the look on Andi's face told me that she wasn't going to drop the question.

She folded her arms across her chest, the way she always does. When she does this, you know that she's not going to back down.

I groaned. "Seventeen," I grumbled.

She looked at me with wide eyes.

"I was big for my age," I excused.

She flushed at my response and her eyes dropped down to my crotch.

I chuckled. "I didn't mean that... Although... Well you know..."

She blushed even more, but I didn't miss the amusement that played on her lips.

She cleared her throat. "You were saying?" She prompted.

"Right," I said with a smile. "Anyways, her parents came back early from their trip, and I had to sneak out," I explained. "It was raining so hard by then, and I had no other means to get home, so I had no choice but to call my parents and ask them to pick me up," my voice laced with emotion.

This is the first time I've talked about this. No one knows the truth except for gramps. I have never told anyone.

"Ethan..."

"If I had stayed home. If only I hadn't let curiosity and lust rule me, then I wouldn't have been at her house and my parents wouldn't have been driving in the middle of the night, in the rain. Then they wouldn't have been in a car accident," I reasoned. "It's al my fault."

"Ethan it was an accident. You didn't know... It wasn't your fault. Your parents wouldn't want you to blame yourself for what happened," Andi said.

I shook my head. "I just wanted to brag to my friends. I wanted to impress them," I said with distaste. "I was fourteen, and I was going to hook up with a seventeen year old. Who wouldn't be impressed? It was stupid and immature. If..." My voice cracked.