Chapter 9

5 years ago...

Andi

"Are you going to be okay?" Ethan asked as he settled down my suitcase on the floor.

"I will be, once we settle everything," I said. "I don't like this, Ethan. I want to be with you..."

He wrapped his arms around me and caressed my hair. "Before you know it, everything will be okay. This is what we have to do for now," he said.

I nodded against him.

"Do you have to go soon, or can you stay for awhile? I'll cook us dinner," I said with a smile. "I'll even cook your favourite."

He smiled. "That's tempting..."

Oh... "But you can't stay..." I continued for him.

He tipped my chin up. "I'll stay," he said.

I gave him a big smile and a quick kiss.

"Come. You can sit, while I cook," I said.

I spend the next hour or so preparing, Ethan's favourite food. Good thing we stopped by the grocery store before heading back to my house.

"Have you heard from your band?" Ethan suddenly asked.

I looked up at him and smiled. "Yes. Leo emailed me. They're doing great. I'm really happy for them," I said.

"Do you regret staying? Do you regret not going with them?" He asked.

I looked back at him and smiled.

I shook my head. "No. I don't. I love you, Ethan, and if given a choice between you and anything in this world, I would choose you, every time," I said. "Always."

He gave me a small smile and nodded.

"You miss it though," he stated.

"I can always sing anywhere. Inside the shower. In the bedroom. In the kitchen... I sing for you," I said. "For a while I lost my love for music. It became a job I had to do, but that night at the resto-bar, when I saw you there, and I sang, "Everything," you brought my love and passion back for music. For the first time, I sang from the heart again."

He smiled and kissed my knuckles. "You were amazing that night."

"Thanks," I smiled at him. "That song, 'Everything,' is one of my songs for you," I said. "But my number one song for you, is "Reason Why."

"I love it when you sing that song to me," he said.

"Because it's true... You are my reason why..."

He smiled and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"It's your dream to become big in the music industry, and I took that chance away from you. You could have fulfilled your dream."

"But with you, I have everything," I countered. "My happiness with you can never be bought by money or fame," I said. "Why are you suddenly asking me about this?"