CHAPTER 26

"Shit." you cursed to yourself, standing outside the shower. "I forgot my shampoo."

You abandoned your towel and body soaps to head back to your room with a heaving sigh.

The halls were empty, the lights dimmed. Even though it was only 10 pm, most people were already asleep. You didn't expect any different, of course.

It was always that way. Most of the members of the Survey Corps had to fall asleep at early times so they could wake up bright and early in the morning.

But despite the fact that you already knew the expected atmosphere, you couldn't help but pick up an aura of uncertainty as you walked through the halls. Neverless, you ignored it.

HQ was actually quite large. It took a couple minutes to walk from one end to another, especially after a long day of sudden death experiences. You can imagine how long it was taking to walk from the shower rooms (which was right next to the mess hall) to the Squad Leader rooms.

Walking down the empty halls, you spotted a brunette girl and blonde boy walking in front of you, the girl in front of the boy.

"Hey Metza! Hey Armin!" You yelled, jogging ahead.

"Oh hey, (Y/N)!" Robin turned her head to grin at you.

"Hello Squad Leader!" Armin smiled.

"Where ya guys heading to?" you asked.

"Your room, actually." Robin replied.

"We are?" Armin furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?"

"I'm wondering the same thing, Metza." You deadpanned, an eyebrow raised.

"I need to pick up a report about... someone." she trailed off, not making eye contact.

Her actions were suspicious, but you choose to ignore them. She had reasons.

"Ah, so Squad Leader (Y/N), you're in charge of reports?" Armin asked. You nodded rather vigorously.

"Correct." you confirmed.

There was an awkward silence.

"Squad Leader Metza, what is your morning routine?" Armin asked. Robin raised her eyebrow.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Well, since you have to supervise me at all times now, I figured it would be appropriate to find out what schedule I now have to follow in the morning."

"I see." Robin nodded. "Well, my mornings start and 2 am. I run laps until 6 am, then do push ups until 7. From 7 to 8 I do sit ups and pull ups, then have breakfast."

Armin stared at her, mouth agape. You tried not to snicker at the blonde's shocked face.

"I.. um..." he stuttered, struggling to find the right words. Robin smirked.

"Just kidding. I sleep in as late as I can. (Y/N) comes into my room to wake me up in time for breakfast, which is usually around 8."

"Ok, good." Armin put his hand on his heart, breathing heavily. Robin stuck her tongue out at him in a teasing manner.

"My room is right up ahead." you pointed to a closed door at the right side of the hallway. "This might take a while, by the way. Metza is terrible at finding files in that monstrosity of a filing cabinet I have."

Reaching the door, Robin pulled down on the handle slowly and opened the door just a creak. Despite her rather careless personality, she wasn't one to intrude on something that could possibly be private. For all she knew, Eren could be jacking off.