CHAPTER 4

When you, Robin, and Jon walked into the large training area (as seen in the map last chapter), everyone from class 104 was already there chatting amongst themselves.

To your left was the shooting zone, where targets were set up against the wall. To your right was the hand-to-hand/blade combat zone, and there was a small display of human shaped dummies lined up. Right next to the shooting zone was the parkour area which consisted of square foot blocks that stood at different height levels. And last but not least, a track in the back of the room.

“All righty then!” You shouted. The buzz of chatter faded into silence. “Today we’re going to assess your skills, so you will be broken off into groups shortly. In the mean time, please start sprinting around the track until we are ready.” There were a couple moans, but soon everyone was running. Robin disappeared, and when she came back, she had a cart loaded with guns and blades with her.

“Took ya long enough.” You said with a smile, elbowing her in the side.

“Okay!” Jon yelled, turning to the individuals on the track. “You can stop running now!” Some, like Armin, Krista, Sasha, and Connie, immediately collapsed at the blonde’s words. Other, like Mikasa, Reiner, Annie, Marco, and Eren barely broke a sweat. The rest of the group just breathed heavily, face red. You pulled out a clipboard and a pen.

Running

Skilled: Mikasa Ackerman, Reiner Braun, Annie Leonhardt, Eren Jaeger, Marco Bott

Unskilled: Armin Arlert, Krista Lenz, Sasha Braus, Connie Springer

“Listen up!” Robin yelled, voice echoing around the large room. All noise ceased. “You are now going to be divided into three groups! The first group will go to the shooting zone. The second group will go to the parkour area, and the third group will go to the hand combat zone. There you will be assessed on your skills for no more than five minutes before moving onto the next station.”

They were divided up into groups, Mikasa making a fuss when she was separated from Eren. Ymir, however, happily stood by Krista’s side. You were starting to regret putting them in the same group.

“Group one with Jon! Group two with Metza! And group three with me!” You yelled, walking over to your designated area, the combat zone. Quickly, the cadets scampered away.

~*~

You took a sip of your coffee, examining the reports you held out in front of you, stopping once or twice to make a note on a separate piece of paper.

After the assessment was over, Erwin had ordered you to go through the notes you made and write a more detailed description of the new Cadets. And c’mon, where’s a better place to do that than Starbucks?

There was a ding of a bell, and you looked up to see a man with onyx hair and steel blue eyes enter the cafe. Walking up to the cash register, he ordered a cup of black coffee before sitting down next to you. You smiled.