SIDE STORY 6

It was a snowy day in Chicago. Normal considering the time of year, more or less. A tiny, white particle slowly fell down from the sky and landed on the tip of your finger where it melted almost immediately. You dug your hands into your coat pocket as you walked down the white sidewalk, snow coating your boots.

"The streets sure are empty," you turned to the man beside you as you walked, eyeing his ebony locks that were speckled with white flakes. No one was in sight for what seemed like miles. "Aren't they, Levi?"

"Yeah, but I expect no less." Levi deadpanned back. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"It's Sunday." he replied as if the answer was obvious, not taking his steel-blue eyes off of the road in front of him.

"And?"

Levi sighed in slight annoyance, although he couldn't really blame you for not knowing.

"Superbowl Sunday."

Your eyes widened.

"Oh yeah! Duh!" you facepalmed at your own ignorance. Levi snorted, shaking his head.

"Why do you think we bought all those doritos and sodas?" Levi raised his eyebrow, his cheeks slightly red from the cold.

"Uh.... we were going to be mlg?" you asked, face scrunched up. Levi's mouth slightly tugged upwards, although it was barely detectable. Your heart fluttered.

"You really are clueless, aren't you." he shook his head, extending his arm to ruffle your hair. Feeling blood rushing to your cheeks, you just giggled.

"We should probably get back to HQ, then. I imagine that they're watching the game right now."

"And eating all the doritos." Levi added with a deadpan tone. Your mouth dropped open with a gasp.

"Oh my god! You're right! I can't let them do that!" You elbowed him. "Race you to HQ!"

"If you'd like to lose so badly..." Levi kicked up snow at his heels, dashing forward with a sudden burst of energy.

"H-Hey!" you stumbled forward. "Wait up!"

~*~

The elevator dinged, doors slowly sliding open. You could hear the obnoxious cheering and shouting from the moment the doors opened the slightest centimeter.

"Oh jeez." your (e/c) orbs widened as you turned to glance at Levi. "They're absolutely insane."

"It sounds like they're in Jon's room." Levi deadpanned. "We probably should check it out."

Voices became more crystine and clear as you walked down the hall, many of them being easily recognizable standouts.

"GOD DAMNIT PATRIOTS, PULL AHEAD!" a masculine voice practically screamed.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, JON. SEATTLE'S GONNA WIN THIS SHIT." a feminine voice yelled.

"YOU'RE WRONG, SQUAD LEADER METZA!" another masculine voice yelled. "PATRIOTS ARE GONNA PULL AHEAD, JUST YOU SEE! OUCH, MARCO! WHY THE HELL DID YOU HIT ME?!"

"You're being childish, Jean!" yet another masculine voice yelled. "Calm down, it's just a football game-"

"JUST A FOOTBALL GAME?" a hoarse male voice chimed in. "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??! OI, SASHA! GET YOUR HAND OFF OF MY DORITOS!"

At this point, you and Levi were standing at the door to Jon's room. However, neither of you were very anxious to open it.

"BUT I NEED MORE FOOD, CONNIE!" a female voice screamed. "I RAN OUT!"

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" yet another masculine voice yelled, this time much more familiar to you. There was no doubt in your mind that it was Eren. "SEATTLE IS ABOUT TO SCORE A TOUCHDOWN." It fell dead silent.

Glancing at Levi, you pushed open the door when he nodded in approval.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

The whole room was in uproar. Doritos flew everywhere, sodas falling off of tables. Everyone was either jumping up and down or cringing into their hands. Immediately you noticed the absence of certain individuals.

Erwin was gone, as was Armin. You suspected they were off working. Surprisingly, Hanji was also gone. She was probably in her room, most likely dissecting this dead pigeon some of the cadets had found on the road when they were off on their free day. Krista and Ymir were also absent, but that was no surprise. You never really considered them to be the sport-type of girls. Annie was also absent from the room, as she probably didn't like the loud noise.

"FUCK YEAH!" Robin yelled, throwing her arms up into the air. "SEAHAWKS TIED IT AT HALFTIME! JON OWES ME 20 BUCKS!"

"GOD DAMNIT!" Jon raged, throwing his bowl of doritos onto the ground.

"WHOO!" Robin grabbed the nearest can of coke, violently shook it, and opened it. Coke spurted from the opening, dripping onto the carpeted floor. Jon stared at the puddle in horror.

"What the hell are you trying to accomplish by doing that?" Jon glared daggers at his sister.

"I DON'T KNOW, AND I DON'T CARE!" Robin cheered. "THE SEAHAWKS ARE GONNA WIN THIS!"

"HELL YEAH!" Eren, Sasha, and Connie cheered in unison.

"LIES!" Jean stood up, pointing an accusing finger. "THE PATRIOTS ARE GONNA PULL AHEAD!"

"YEAH!" Reiner and Jon cheered.

"It's just a game, guys!" Marco yelled.

"I-I agree with Marco." Bertholdt chimed in.

"I don't care." Mikasa mumbled, fiddling with the end of her scarf.

"Uh, we're just gonna go now...." You finally spoke up, making nearly everyone jump in surprise.

"Oh hey (Y/N)!" Robin waved obnoxiously. "Hey Levi! Please don't leave!"

"No, we're gonna." Levi stepped forward, slamming the door shut.

"Never again." you said with a breathy sigh.

"Agreed."