Love and Loyalty - A.A.

(I seriously love all of you who's reading this book and commenting/voting. Thank you so much. I'm almost at 400 views. The first person to comment or vote on this chapter will get a personal story :) i'll inbox you and ask what type you want (erotic, romantic, etc.) Enjoy <3 -KM)

AUGUST

"I wanna see you. You can't just tell me you feeling me and never speak to me again lol" - Raven.

I stared at the text for a good hour or so, before deciding not to text back. Raven is so damn beautiful, but her life too complicated. I've been wanting to wife her up for awhile now. The only thing standing in my way was her brother, Reed, or Python as he was known in the streets. I just called him "Boss" though. He fed me when I had next to nothing, and all he required in return was my loyalty. Reed is a ruthless type of dude, he'll kill you and interrogate you later. He ran these streets, which made him a target; People are jealous of his power and that's where I come into the equation. After watching my moves in the streets, he hired me to handle his small affairs. In simpler terms, I'm his hit-man. I keep my ears to the streets to find out who's plotting against him and I take care of em. Easy. Ive slowly gained his trust, but I hope he don't snatch it away once he finds out I'm tryna get at Raven.

"Aye Aug, come on. Boss waiting on us." Dakota announced, standing at the doorway.

I grabbed my gun and tucked it securely into my waistband before leaving out the door.

Once we got to headquarters, we gave Bundy the spoken password to be allowed inside. Reed don't play about his business. If a fool even muttered anything close to being wrong, he was immediately killed. He's too hot out here on these streets. You never know who's with the feds or who's plotting. I dapped Bundy up as he stepped aside to let us in. The smell of Pine-Sol hit my nose as soon as we hit the hallway. Reed always kept his spots clean, no half-steppin'. A lot of us silently agreed that he was a little OCD after watching how he handles certain things. If you shake his hand, he'll immediately reach into his pocket to grab some hand sanitizer. To outside people, they'd probably call him rude, but nah, he's just germophobic.

Dakota knocked on his office door and waited for the signal to come in. Reed's automatic door opened, revealing him sitting behind his desk.

"Ahhh, my favorite fellas. What's up? Come on in and get comfortable, we have a lot to discuss."

Usually when Reed has "a lot to discuss", someone has crossed him and he needs Dakota and I to take care of it. We settled into the plush chairs in front of his desk and patiently waited for him to continue. He twirled a black and mild between his fingers before taking a puff. A lot of people assumed that just because he's a kingpin, he smokes weed, but they're wrong. He sees weed as a gateway drug to worse things such as cocaine, heroin, etc. so he just makes money off his product instead of using it too.

"Boys, it's a dude by the name of Carter that lives on the Eastside. He's a young fella, can't be no older than the two of you," he began, taking another puff, "I don't know if ya'll are aware, but yesterday one of my delivery boys was robbed."

My eyes widened and Dakota shifted before speaking. "Boss, who in they right mind would try to steal from you?"

I glanced back at Reed. "Carter would. That's why I called you boys in. I want you to go get my shit back and tell him that Python's got something for him."

We nodded and waited for Reed to print off the directions to this Carter dude's house. Before we left, Reed pulled me to the side and thanked me for my loyalty. I just smiled and nodded because if he knew about my attraction to his sister, he might not be as grateful.