Broken // A.A.

AUGUST'S POV//

"I've been drinking myself to sleep since you left me.. I need you back, Aug. Please..." she  begged, searching my eyes for a reaction.

I stared at Melissa with nothing but hatred. All the love I once had for her is long gone. How dare she stand at my doorstep making me seem like the bad guy for leaving her trifling ass. 

"Get the hell from my do', 'Lissa. You wasn't worried bout nun when you had my homie d*ck in yo throat."

Talking about it always had me drove all over again as if I was reliving it. Imagine coming home to find the "love of your life", the "apple of your eye" face down, ass up, getting pounded from the back by your so called "friend". If it wasn't for my nigga Trell being with me,  I'd be sitting in jail on a murder charge. I wanted both they heads on a silver platter that day. After it was all said and done, all the love and respect I held for Melissa went out the window.

Her eyes watered even more, causing the tears to flow down her brown cheeks. "AUGUST, I never meant to hurt you! Its just that you was always gone. Everybody was in my ear about who you was fuckin and-"

"Shut that shit up, simple ass bitch! You ain't have to believe 'em, but you did, and look where it got you. I cheated on you ONCE but I told you right after it happened!"

My jaw clenched as she tried to reach out and touch my face.

"Leave, 'Lissa'"

"Baby, whats goin' on?"

I kept my eyes on 'Lissa as Dymond wrapped her arms around my bare torso. 'Lissa gawked at Dym in disbelief before drying her eyes and laughing like a crazy bitch. "So you've replaced me, I see? You could've done better, Anthony.

I looked back at Dym to see that she was unbothered. Petty shit like that never fazed her. She knows her place and she knows what she has to offer. That's why I fuck with her heavy. I kissed her forehead. "Gon back to bed bae, I'll be in there."

DYMOND'S POV

I obeyed him, but not before smirking at Lissa. She's a dumb bitch. Any girl would be lucky to have August, I know I sure am. As I climbed the stairs to our room, I thought about how hard it was to gain Aug's trust. And still to this day, he doesn't fully trust me. It has nothing to do with me though, it's all her fault. She broke him so badly that he lost all trust in women. To him, all they do is lie and cheat. Don't get me wrong, Aug used to be a dog, but after he cheated on Lissa and realized how much it broke her, he vowed to never put a human being through that again. It could've easily been karma that 'Lissa cheated on him, but she took it too far by messing with his best friend. Kinda shit is that?

I layed across our California king sized bed and listened to Lissa's faint sobs. A few moments later, he slammed the door in her face. I sat up as I heard his footsteps ascending the stairs. He came back into the room with a blank face, but once he saw me staring at him, he forced a smile. "Chu lookin' at?"

I shrugged and smirked. "A sexy beast."

He grinned. "Well ya know." He sat on the edge of the bed with his back facing me. I traced the lines on his spine: the after effects of the bomb as sex we had the previous night. As I busied myself with that, I noticed his body slightly trembling.

"Baby you cold?"

He didn't respond, his body began to shake harder.

Was he crying?

I gently turned his face to me, which he jerked away. I wasn't giving up that easily though. Climbing into his lap, I buried my face into his neck as he gulped for air from crying so hard.

"Move, Dym," he choked out.

"No August, damnit! Let me help you baby, let me comfort you. What Lissa did to you was wrong but you can't go pushing everyone away. You'll miss out on someone who loves you, boo. I love you."

His face softened as he stared at me. That was my first time saying the "L" word to him. I didn't expect him to say it back. In fact, I didn't want him to, possibly out of fear of him not feeling the same. Either way, I wanted him to know where my heart was.

I guided his head to my chest and played in his soft curls.

"I got you, bae. Let it out."

He continued sobbing, letting out all of his hurt and frustration. I wanted to kill Lissa for breaking him this way. He may never heal, but I'll try my best to help him. After a while, he cried himself to sleep. I ran my fingers along his tear stained cheeks and closed my eyes.

"Dear God,
I know I may not be the best Christian, and I know August isn't either, but please continue to give him strength to deal with all that he's been through. He's too young to be as broken as he is. And I ask, Father, please help me be as good to him as I can be. In Jesus name I pray, amen" I whispered.