Kidnapped // A.A.

(Author's Note : Something short and simple. I have no inspiration lol. My inbox is open to suggestions btw)

Nicki's POV

I'm not good enough

I'll never be good enough

As the cars rushed past me, I wandered along the side of the highway, not even feeling existent. I couldn't feel my face and my body couldn't feel the ground. I was floating, going wherever the wind took me. I don't remember the last place I was at before this point, hell, I can't  even tell you where I live. The drugs hit me harder than I expected it too, but it was okay. I don't feel any pain anymore.

I didn't realize that I'd drifted onto the road until a truck beeped it's horn, loud. I turned around and faced the bright white lights coming towards me, and instead of moving out of the way, I accepted it. As I waited for the collision, a set of arms wrapped around my waist and threw me to the ground. The body that the hands belonged to fell on top of me. I lifted my head, seeing that the truck was now past us. Then, I turned my attention to the stranger.

"Are you out ya fuckin mind?! Ya coulda been killed!" he yelled in a thick, southern accent.

"Why didn't you just let it happen?" I responded with very little emotion.

He looked at me as if I was crazy. "Why would ya want it ta' happen?"

I shook my head and half smiled. If I explained my reasons for why I no longer cared for my life, we'd be sitting on this dusty road all night. Instead, I questioned him. "Who are you?"

"August, and you?"

"Leah." I said, giving him my middle name. I didn't need him knowing my first, considering I have no idea what type of person he is, he could easily report this to the police. And with me being high as well, I'd be in a lot of trouble.

"You didn't answer my question, why you out here bein' reckless?"

"Too much to explain. I'll be going now." I said, realizing he was still holding me down with his body weight.

"My bad," he apologized, getting off of me. "At least let me take you home. You obviously not in ya right mind."

I shrugged. Why the fuck not? Taking his outstretched hand, I let him lead me to his car.

  Big mistake.

-------------------------------

I woke up handcuffed to a king sized bed. The effects of the drugs had worn off and I could now think clearly. I decided against screaming out like the dumb bitches in movies do and instead I just waited. My body was still covered except for the fact that I was wearing pajamas now.

The guy who "rescued" me last night came in the room with a grin.

"I'm so happy ya here with me. Now I never have to worry about ya hurting yaself."

"Who the fuck are you?"

Most people would be scared in my position, but I no longer feared life anymore. Whatever happens, just happens.

"I told you my name, Nicki."

My eyes widened. No one knew my first name besides my parents, so how the hell did he?

"H-how?"

"Just know that I been watching you for a while. I watch you clock out of work, get in that lil Jeep, and drive to ya house. I know the names of ya parents, ya sisters, and ya dog."

I side eyed the hell out of him. He continued. "I love you. I brought you here so you won't be unhappy anymore. I wanna help you see the beauty in your life."

Being that I'd just woken up, I concluded that it was too early for this shit. He walked over to me and rubbed my cheeks. "You mine now, baby girl. Im gonna make you happy..."

As creeped out as I was, I didn't let it show on my face. He pulled out a large needle and placed it at my arm.

"What are you-?"

"Shh, go to sleep baby luv. You need rest."

It didn't waste time settling into my body. My eyes drooped and the last thing I saw was him, staring at me with love and adoration, before I gave in to the drugs.