Seven

It was now Sunday, the day after you and Draco had went to Hogsmeade. You were up way too early and felt exhausted, but you desperately needed advice and couldn't wait any longer.

Yawning, you trudged to the Gryffindor tower. Although it wasn't where you stayed anymore, you would always belong there. Your house was like a family to you.

"Password?" Demanded the Fat Lady. Someone had woken up on the wrong side of their painting. You had kind of missed her and her long, winding lectures about responsibility when you had snuck out late at night, or forgotten the password to get in.

"Nice to see you, too." You grumbled, entering the familiar common room. You glanced around, glad when you saw Hermione sat by the fire, a book in her hands, watching Seamus try some of George's new products. She wrinkled her nose, in disgust, when large, painful boils appeared all over his face.

"He told me it would make me more intelligent!" He wailed, before running into the dormitory, hands covering his face.

Letting out a small laugh, you called over to Hermione. "Can I talk to you?"

She looked over at some whispering fourth years, then back at you. "Sure, Y/N. Let's go somewhere more private." She replied, getting up off the chair and dragging you into your old dormitory. You were overcome with nostalgia, for the memories you had shared in this room. You briefly wished Lavender and Parvati were with you, as well. "Where is everyone?" You asked, sitting on your old bed.

"Gone to watch the Quidditch tryouts. I think I'll go later." She shrugged, her tone indifferent. You and Hermione usually preferred being inside, or in the crowd, but would always cheer for your friends in an instant.

"So, what's the matter?" She swiftly returned to the subject. You sighed loudly, in response, expressing all of your frustration without uttering a word. "Boy troubles?" She empathised. You and Hermione understood each other completely and it was one of the main reasons why she was the one you always shared your problems with.

Harry and Ron were very helpful for magic related issues, but neither of them had proved to be good at offering solutions for slightly more regular problems, like crushes or friendship drama.

She sat down next to you, ready to listen. "Tell me everything." She begged and you complied, spilling all of the moments that had happened with Draco, from the Yule Ball, up until Hogsmeade. Of course you mentioned his jacket, which you were wearing.

She listened intently, a focused look in her eyes, not interrupting once. When you had finished, she spoke. "Y/N, do you have feelings for Malfoy?"

You were taken aback by this question, to say the least. "I really don't know. I mean, I don't want to. Sometimes, when I see him looking at me, I can't help but blush." You sigh.

"Maybe it's just some silly, little crush. It might go away, if you give it time."

There was a pause, as you debated whether or not you should tell her about the love potion. "But that's not all of it." You began, hesitantly. "When we brewed the Amortentia, it smelled like him." You explained, covering your head with your hands.

"Could it be because you've never been in love before and you want to experience it so badly?" She guessed, reassuring you.

"Yeah, I think you're right. Thank you, Hermione!" You said, pulling her into a tight hug. She laughed and hugged you back.

***

The two of you walked down to the Quidditch pitch, where you could see several figures, some on brooms and others observing.