Sixteen

N.E.W.Ts were almost upon the seventh and eight years and the pressure was rapidly rising. You were frantically studying and making potions to improve your memory and ease your nerves, trying to absorb everything you had ever learned about magic.

Although, having aided Harry in taking down Voldemort, you would never struggle to get a good job in the Wizarding World, it still felt important that you did well in these exams. It was proof that you had completed your education and a reminder of all the hard work you had done since you were eleven years old.

You and Hermione practically lived in the library, surrounded by books and rarely looking up. The two of you revised constantly and quizzed friends, trying to support your classmates too.

Fortunately, Draco didn't seem to mind that you weren't spending much time with him; he wanted to become an Auror, so he was studying a lot too. But, of course, the two of you still found time for each other, even if it was just stolen moments between classes, or before you went to sleep.

It was disheartening to realises that, in only a few weeks, you would be leaving Hogwarts for good. And, on the first of September, you wouldn't be boarding the Hogwarts Express, like you had done so many times before. There would be no shopping for robes and books in Diagon Alley, to look forward to all summer.

All of the seemingly small moments, that don't matter at the time, you would miss most of all. Lazy afternoons in the Gryffindor common room, laughing with your friends at meal times, tea with Hagrid and casting new spells. It made you sad, just thinking about it.

The day you would leave always felt so far away, like it would never even happen. Yet, it was approaching quickly and there was no way to avoid it.

***

Time for one of the many theory papers you would be sitting. This was Defence Against the Dark Arts. Somehow, you knew many people would be receiving Outstandings in this subject.

"You may begin." The examiner announced.

You began writing, trying to get down everything you could remember. Luckily, there was a lot of questions that you knew, thanks to having encountered a similar situation in the past. Every word you were writing could have an impact on the future of your career

Practical exams weren't much fun, either. You had lost count of how many Calming Droughts that Madam Pomfrey had brewed for you. Good thing too, otherwise your hands would've been shaking so much, affecting your spellwork.

There was one moment, during your third Potions practical, that you almost dropped the entire vial of your concotion, but you caught it seconds before it would have hit the floor, not even wasting a drop.

After the last exam (the second Charms paper) was over, all of the students stood up and cheered. You grinned widely, hugging Ginny, Luna and Hermione, with tears of joy brimming in your eyes. It was great to see all of your friends celebrating, after everything that had happened. Harry, Ron and Neville joined in, creating a giant group hug.

You broke apart and a pair of arms wrapped around your waist. Turning around, you were faced with Draco. He picked you up and spun you around, before kissing you.

***

That evening, there was a massive party in the Great Hall, to celebrate. Families, even non-magical ones, had been invited and you were so excited to see your parents again and introduce them to Draco.