Chapter 9

The air around me burns my throat. My skin feels like a stove.  I don't have the strength to open my eyes. My lungs are burning from the toxins in the air. Than a mask is put on my face. With the only strength left in me. I force my eyes to a squint. My vision is blurred. I can only see an outline of a boy. He holds the mask to my face. I see a women holding what looks like a mask to a young boy. She has a sharp needle in her hand she walks over to me. She pushes it into my arm. No point fighting it they already won. I don't feel any pain. I take one last look at the boy. He gets up and starts to run. My eye lids begin to fall. I reach my hand out.

________________________________

A girls sits alone. Lost from others. She starts to stand and to find others. But all are lost. Forever forgotten. She can't remember if there ever was more. When they were taken the were never to be remember. All she wants is just one more day with someone. She may never know what she never knew but she can't know what she once knew.

I sit with my father. He holds out his hands. I leap into them. He lifts me up on to his shoulders. We walk through an open field full of color. I giggle as an answer to something he said. But slowly our path turns to woods. Which become dark and damp. Hold on tighter to my father. He continues it does not phase him at all. It becomes so dark we can no longer see. I reach out to grab my father. But he disappeared. How did I lose him? I feel cool liquid roll down my cheeks. He is gone.

________________________________

I can make out sounds and talking. My brain can't form them into words. My mind is storming with horrible memories. I'm trying to understand what is happening. I slowing begin to feel my surroundings.

There is a small pain in my right arm. My head aches. My chest has a sharp knot pain. I can't even feel my legs at all.

Everything hits me suddenly. Where is my brother? Where's mom and dad? Is everyone ok? Where am I? Are they close to me? Can I open my eyes? Why can't I feel my legs? My confusion drives me crazy. I can't seem to wake myself up. I want to move my eyes and arms but can't.

After a lot of effort I manage to open my eyes.
What I see terrifies me. I want to shut them up forever but I can not. The room is all white which holds a huddle of people in the corner. My arm has a needle which connects to a machine to my right. Before I can take in anything else the group of people turn.

"Are you feeling better miss. Don't move to much." A small young kind women tells me as she rushes to my side. The look they give me is pity. Which is worse than any pain I'm feeling. It does not matter though I can't move anyway. I open my mouth to speak, "Where is.. my brother." I murmur softly. She is close enough to me to understand. "He's fine. Now get some rest. You will get better soon." She fluffs my pillow and resets my blankets. She pushes a button on the machine. I grow strangely tired.

I'm only a piece in someone else's game. I move not on my own. But when instructed to. They put me in a place just to be used. I move across a black and white board as instructed by one master mind. Because I'll only ever be a pawn.

________________________________

I feel nothing. My eyes flutter open. I take in the room. Once again the room scares me and I remember the last time I awoke. It smells like nothing. The walls are dull and no one is inside the room with me. To my right there is a machine that is connected to me. How I will disconnect that I don't know. But I do recall the car crash. People tried to kill us. There also were people that saved me in some sorta way.

The door opens to a young women. "Ohh well hello there. How do you feel?" I look up to her, "Where am I? Where's my family? Wh..." She interrupts me, "Do not overwhelm your self. You have safely been recovered by the capital. Please will you answer my question." She makes it clear that I must, "Well I honestly can't feel my legs and my head hurts." She nods as if she understands, "Your legs are supposed to be a bit numb but maybe we did it a little to well. I'll get something for the head ache." She rushes to a mini kitchen on the room. She comes back with a small pill. I quietly swallow it. She than enters the room with a trap of food. "You better eat. Or will have to put yet another needle to feed you." I take the tray and began to slowly chow. Which I begin to realize I was very hungry. I don't even taste the food.

"Where is my family? Are they alright?" I ask the women. "Well umm everyone in this building. Different floors depending on the urgency of the matter. Well you know Lily she is dead and the driver was never found." How strange. My mind races to recover hidden information. I never hear the rest because I fall into another dreamless slumber.

Hello readers,
Thanks for reading this much. I hope you like it. Vote and comment your thoughts.
~Marisa