Chapter 8

I fly upright in my bed. I can't really remember what I dreamed of but I remember my brother burning and a strange boy. Oh wait the boy was my childhood friend. What was weird was I remember saying his name but I can't remember the name. I can remember a dog fitting in to be story some how.

I look at my wall clock. It's five in the morning but I don't think I will be able find sleep again. I mope through the house to the living room. Where my father already sits. "It's a bit early." I give a small giggle to finish my statement. He looks up. His dark gray eyes look sad, "Yeah sleep is not very easy tonight." I nod and sit next to him. We sit like this for a while.

Until my brothers head pops into the room. "Wait a sec....d..!" My father and I exchange looks but wait patiently. When Kile returns he a very old chess set with him. He starts setting it up. My father and him have the first game. I watch them both once again very fascinated with their technique. When it's my turn mom enters the room. Places herself on the couch and watches our game from above. Though I do get better each time I play I'm still no match against my father. My mother soon takes a turn and this continues all morning. In between playing we eat breakfast and lunch. Mom also leaves the game room at eleven to make sure everything is ready. Slowly after my brother follows. My father's and my game still goes on until there's a knock. We still do not end. Lily walks in with my mother.

"We really must go," she informs us. But my mother shoos Lily up stairs before she can say anything else. When our game ends we go upstairs to get our bags. I looks at my room one more time. The empty bookshelf. The desk chair I will never sit on again. And my bed that will forever be empty. I grab my bags and head for the front door. Lily is already there with a suit in hand, "Ready Miss Unyverse to explore the universe." I chuckle, "Very funny and yes I am." She grabs my arm and guides my through a huge crowd all over my front lawn.

They hold signs that have my name and Kile's name on them. Which makes me wonder why. Why would someone be so excited about something they aren't participating in? It confuses me so much. Lily pulls me up to a limo. A man takes my bags and Lily pushes me into the car. My family is already in the limo. Lily falls in after me, "Everyone here and have everything. You won't be coming back Revived members." She says directed at my brother and me. We nod in unison.

The untouched trees of doomed futures pass by my window. The blurs come together to form no colors. My brothers elbow collides with my stomach. I let out a groan. He whispers, "Sorry but anyway I think we are almost there. But I just wanted to ask you want you thought ummm... well SCR program will be like?" I can see the worry and nervous energy in the air. "I think we will be just fine think of it like this we were chosen to live are lives. That's a special gift not everyone has." I look into his eyes to reassure him when really I'm reassuring myself as well. The rest of the trip is silent and a forbidden loss of words.

I hear loud terrified screams. My eyes flutter open. I wake to a horrifying sight. This is not happening right now. The world seem to be in slow motion. I follow my mother's finger pointing at a jet black low to the ground car is about to purposely collide with our limo. I feel a sudden jerk. My seat belt pulls on my to hold me in. The limo rolls forward a few feet. Which pulls my thoughts together, the car is hitting us from behind. A large bag hits my face. Which cases a very strange tingling feeling on my face. My visions begins to blur. I hear very loud screaming and realize it's coming from my mouth. I reach for where I hope my brother is. I grasp what feels like a hand. Than everything goes black....