Chapter 23

It was as if he already know I was coming for him.

"Retain memories." He announced proudly. He seems to be commanding the dome above me.

I fell to the ground. My mind racing imagines filled my vision. I wanted to stand and end his horrible undeserving life. But I became so over whelmed with lost memories I lost consciousness.

Smiling faced boy grabbed my hand. He laughed happily. His hair the same color as mine. "Come on come on Unyverse. Stop being so slow." I appeared to be running the hardest I could with my little fingers squished by his. "Daddy is not going to be happy hurry up. If we get in trouble it's your fault." He declared. "No no not my fault. I hurrying fast." I wined out of breathe. He pulled me along. When we reached our house. We ran around back and he pushed the cracked open window wider and shoved me in. He than struggled to get his small body through the window. He handed me the small bag he was holding. "Go up to your room quick. I'll be right there." I rushed up the stairs. I sat on my bed peeking through the key hole and ear pressed to the cold door. I heard someone else run up the stairs. It passed my door it was not my brother. I screamed when my door opened.

Another scene coming to my brain. I was still about the same age as before. "Unyverse you can't tell anyone. Not even mom and dad." I nodded intently at my big brother. My little mouth opened, "Cedric please don't do this."

A even younger me barely able to walk was crouching in freshly fallen snow. "Unyverse look see this is what you do." He showed me how to round a ball in the snow. I ignored him to busy with the snow. I snorted when I touched the icy snow to my tongue. After a few minutes I did the same thing as my brother. But mine fell apart. I looked at my brothers perfect one and began to cry. "Look Unyverse it's not hard watch." He grabbed my hands and crunched snow in them to from a ball.

______________________________

The light blinded me as I opened my eyes. The man's from before stood there.

"Well Miss Unyverse. I figured I would only be fair for you to know my name. I'm leader Dit. Enjoying your beloved brother. It's so sad we wiped him from your memory because we never wiped you from his. He probably though about you everyday but you never even know he existed. Is that not sad or what?" The middle aged man chuckled.

"Where is he!?" I spat at him.

"Easy little girl. I'm the one that told you about him. I can take that away real quickly." He smirked enjoying my powerless position.

"Did Kile ever know him?" I asked silently.

"No he was born later as a distraction to better cloud your parents memories. You really should probably go but before you do. Just know if you behave and I can have it arranged that you see your brother and perhaps we can let him go. But he will take up extra space so consider killing to make room for him." His face suggesting murder.

"Never." I said aloud.

"You would be surprised what people will do for lost memories and hopeless dreams."

____________________________

Tyzon sat at a table waiting for me. "Why did it take so long? I started to thing well you know."

I shrugged and lied, "I don't know it all seemed normal to me. But I finished way later."

He started our usual jokes which at this point everyone runs on. I put on a brave face when secretly my whole world tumbles down at my feet. My head races to memories. I left dinner early and crashed in bed. I close my eyes and let more memories fill my thoughts.

____________________________

The golden coated dog rashes to my side. As an alley forms around me. Not again. I look down and see the floating dog on the ground. As much as want to cry for her. I stand and glare straight at the man with a gun. He points it at my chest directly where my heart is. The boy ran out but looks confused because I'm not where I'm supposed to be. But he continued to kick the man and take his gun. I watch him. It's an older version of my memories of him.

It must be my brother he must exist.

The rest of the night I slept dreamlessly.

____________________________

"Thank you Unyverse Leah Harvist for completing the part 4 of the Mental Capacity. That's the end of testing for the day. Follow the lights."

I finished another day of testing. On my way out I looked for Dit but never saw him. I really wanted to see him to find out more. Because I have pretty much convinced myself this is really happening. I have a brother. Who has been taken from me yet another thing to add to the list. Angry boiled inside of me like a hot air balloon.

Before the the dome lifted completely up I shouted, "I want to speak with Dit!" Nothing happened I was about to give up but than I remembered. "Secret King! I want to speak with the Secret King!" The machinery clanked in response to me. I know I had said some sort of code word.

"Voice verified. Welcome Unyverse Leah Harvist to the 1 part of Physical Awareness testing begins now."

On the far side of the room doors open which I had only ever thought were part of the room. From the door, I see a shadow approaching me.

I step back instinctively. As it comes closer I notice it's not a man. But a dog. I recognize the dog as soon as it enters through the door.

"Spruce!" Before the dog reaches me someone else stumbles out of the door. I recognize his hair that falls in to his eyes. His amber eyes that were guarded by sunglasses no longer are. I can only see the amber for not even a second. As if my eyes find color and than lose it all within a mere second.

His name flashes into my mind. One I could never remember be fore.

The little girl looks out her window. It's pit black out side disturbed by the roaring fire. A glowing fire lights up her face. Her eyes glisten with the horrors of a cruel world.  She screams and rushes down the stairs and straight out the front door. Of her cosy house. Her father throws the door open and grabs for her. She screams his name. Her best friend believed to be burned to ashes right before her. Her father scopes her up and brings her inside. He hushes her.

This memory fills my thoughts as I search for the name I know is there. It runs off my lips.

"Flynn"